The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Spyder Can a overshimmed pivot ball cause clutch drag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

August578

Proven Member
Jun 15, 2021
Eastvale, California
Can a overshimmed pivot ball cause clutch drag? I max adjusted my Slave cylinder and I'm still getting clutch drag. I did add shims to my pivot ball.

It also only drags when I hit limiter, but if I don’t it doesn’t move

No over shimming would cause the clutch to slip when the pedal was fully released.

Undershimmed would cause the clutch pressure plate to not fully release the clutch disc. This would be evident with hard shifting and the car wanting to die with the clutch pedal fully pressed down in gear. And then a smooth idle in neutral

If you have a 420a im not sure on the pivot ball Shim

Its more likely you need to adjust your clutch master cylinder 5 more times, then bi*** and moan in anger after 2 hours, then adjust it again after another day of driving.

The 2g adjustable master cylinder is a very tricky part. I cant describe how to find the sweet spot for pedal engagement, you have to try low, middle and high pedal length to find it after driving. After you do that you will most likely need to adjust the pedal again after the motor is hot to find the sweet spit

Yeah it’s a 2.4l spyder. It shifts into gears relatively fine and no clunky 1st and reverse.
It will be only hard like 4 out of 10 times into first at a stop light. But then once it’s in I can get into any of the gears pretty easily. Just a little notchy but feels normal I think.

Yeah I’ll try adjusting that rod again, its a real pain to go in and out to under the car like 40 times haha. But if I remember I’m already almost fully maxed on my master rod. I’ll try 1/8 turns.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back