The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Cams

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucid15

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 10, 2008
Portland, Oregon
I keep reading about how Cams increase HP easily. Im such a noob at cars. I have a complete stock GSX, with aftermarket gauges being the only difference. Should i wait to get Cams? and if so, when?

That does not say anything about cams though.

The reason I posted that link is because there are a lot more mods you should get before cams. Most people don't get cams until later down the road when they are making decent power.

Ok, thats what i wanted to know. Thanks

You wont need cams right now, unless your preparing for a teardown and upgrading, with supporting mods.. Your stock cams will be enough to handle some power. Are you going to build or is your vehicle a DD?

yeh i always start with the bolt--ons its a safe way to increase power

Cams come later on bud. But I believe you understand what to do now. Good luck!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back