The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Cams from 6 to a 7?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

architechnik

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 21, 2007
Glad, Oregon
I recently read an article from a guy that has a '97 gsx stating that he switched his cams for the stock 6-bolt from a '92 to increase performance. I was wondering if there is any validity to this or if it's just some sort of myth/big talk.
He also stated that regrinds are just as good as original machining, which I couldn't really imagine something with a slightly smaller lobe would work as well.

If swapping from 7 bolt to 6 bolt turbo cams have any gains, it will be minimal. But if you would like, I think I have an extra set of 1g turbo cams and cam gears.

I already have a set of 1g turbo cams, considering I have a 1g gsx. The problem I currently face is that they are pitted and pretty much the whole valve train needs to be replaced, but I have very little $$!

I already have a set of 1g turbo cams, considering I have a 1g gsx. The problem I currently face is that they are pitted and pretty much the whole valve train needs to be replaced, but I have very little $$!

The you shouldnt own a DSM ......... I keed I keed

So what was your exact question then If you have a 1g and you already have a set of 1G turbo cams.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back