The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Camber kit/ upper control arm problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruie

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2011
Ames, Iowa
I just got back from a hell of a weekend and come to find out my front camber kits are trashed. One was missing a bolt and both are shot. Im going to put ingalls on the front, but I was wondering some good control arms to go with. Should I stay OEM? thanks.

OEM or the likewise replacments are all that are offered anymore for the UCA's. SPC used to offer adjustable forged aluminum ones, but after running into ball joint issues and the high price they discontinued them. What caused yours to go bad?

I just got the car. The previous owner put adjustable cambers and a few aftermarket things on it. Well he left off a bolt one the side of the camber on both sides. One side it was metal on metal on the top part. I got it fixed with spare bolts, but it's not anything thats going to last. I'll take a picture and upload it.

Okay. Heres what it should look like(The left camber). the bolt on the right camber doesn't count. Its one I added
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Heres the other side of what was done:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You can see why i want new control arms. The other side was good, just needed tightened. As you see I put a new rod with 2 bolts through it, and tightened it as much as I could. How long do you think it will last?

Last edited:
Its hard to say. There is alot of stress on them when loaded. If you are wanting to just start from scratch and do it the right way, where you know its correct, then just buy new control arms from the parts store and new camber adjustments.

Thats what Im going to do. OEM control arms, And ingalls camber. This work good? Or what would you go with. I dont want to have to deal with these for along time.

Thats what Im going to do. OEM control arms, And ingalls camber. This work good? Or what would you go with. I dont want to have to deal with these for along time.

As long as its done correctly they should last a very long time. You should still check your alignment every time you adjust your vehicles ride height, replace any suspension components, and also on a regular scheduled basis. Which is differnet for everyone depending on your driving style, distance driven on a yearly basis, and if the vehicle is raced/Autox'd. A good round number is usually every 25k miles or every other year.

There really isn't alot of difference between the camber kits. Ingalls, SPC, Eibach, or the auto parts brand name. As long as they are installed correctly, the vehicle is aligned correctly, and you keep up on regular maintenance you should be good!

Best of luck!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back