The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Camber Kit Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blurred Talon

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 2, 2004
Paradise, NL_Canada
Since SPC no longer makes the upper A arms for our cars and the fact that they have zero stock on the ball joints for them; I'm curious as to what is a good option for a camber kit on a 2G these days.

For the fronts, there's replacement upper arm ball joints with camber/caster adjustment and there are eccentric bushing for the upper arm to adjust camber.

For the rear, there are washers and longer bolts.

If you want even more adjustment than those can give you, you can cut and reweld your upper arms to make them shorter/longer.

This is something i've been looking into recently. I did the washer trick in the rear and I still need to come out more.

As of now I have 7 washers on each bolt. They're cheap washers and probably not all the exact same size, meaning my arms are not all evenly spaced out, and my toe is probably out, and so forth. But for now it's progress on tire munching. I do have high grade bolts (can't remember if they're 8's or not), and locking washers. And it's not enough!! :(

So does anyone make anything to help this out anymore? I seen an old thread on replacing the mounting brackets with off centered washers to adjust, does anyone still make those?

Maybe cutting and welding the arm is best?

Anyone have any more ideas on this?

Edit* I also seen the greengoblin's spherical setup, and I love it!! But that's a dream, and not realism, for now :D

Edit #2** Found SPC's. I found an old thread and the link still works, so i'm supposing that they're still available.

http://www.spcperformance.com/compo...clipse&year=1995+-+1999&from=USAFrom&to=USATo

Last edited:
I just pulled the front arms off, punched out the stock ball joints and installed some Ingalls ones. They did the trick with out any hassle, aside from trying to find the damn snap ring.
Got all 4 corners off ebay for 120 shipped. Genuine.

How thick of a stack is your 7 washers? I have 5 on mine. It's about half and inch worth. This got my rear camber back into the -1.2° range.

If you're lowered much more than my car, you should raise it back up some. As my car sits, it's over lowered. The geometry and therefore handling is starting to suffer.

How thick of a stack is your 7 washers? I have 5 on mine. It's about half and inch worth. This got my rear camber back into the -1.2° range.

If you're lowered much more than my car, you should raise it back up some. As my car sits, it's over lowered. The geometry and therefore handling is starting to suffer.

I have three pretty thick shims at each bolt. Comes out to be about 3/8'' and Im still at about -3 degrees.. :barf:

I have not measured my 7 washers. My guess is close to 1/2 inch or just over 1/2".

I have a cheap ebay "coilover" set on there. Not measuring the correct way, but in the rear I can fit 2 1/2 of my fingers between tire and fender, and a loose 3 in the front. 17" wheels and 215/45/17 tires.

I found a nice set of skunk 2 coilovers last week and bought them saturday. I was going to put them on last night :hellyeah:

My car has been up and running for 11 days. I've been taking it pretty easy on her the whole time since I redid the head, oil pump, blah blah blah. Well last night what i thought was lifter tick turned out to be the rod gettin happy :nono:

So i'm hoping for a month from now i'll be back up and running with the new coilovers and I can raise it up a tad and see where i'm at. I'll come back to this thread and let you all know :sneaky:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back