The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Cam sensor fault on my 6 bolt swap 97 gst

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nafierro

Probationary Member
Apr 11, 2021
Utah
So I bought this wire set for my 6bolt swapped 97 because I was finding that most people recommended it but I’m getting a crankshaft position sensor code and a rough idle but when I plug the original wire to the crank shaft sensor it idles better but won’t really move much and throws a camshaft sensor code can anyone help on what to do?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

looks to me like the black and yellow wires on the crank sensor plug need to be switched.

Good eye you have DUSTYBONER.

O The pic angle makes it hard to be sure if the wiring is backwards, check/confirm the blue wire of the connector matches the yellow wire of the other side of the connector,
If it doesn’t match then that’s your problem as Dustybonner mention.

Just to have it clear, this is not a 6 bolt block right?, the 6 bolt doesn’t has the CPS provision.

looks to me like the black and yellow wires on the crank sensor plug need to be switched.
Thank You ! I’m going to switch them tomorrow after work

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back