The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Cam differences cam identification cam ID cams camshafts camshaft degreeing timing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just bought a set of cams, they are stamped CWC but also have EP4604 marked on them, any help guys?

I have the same cams but i don't know what they are CWC EP4604.
Corrado620

Well I hope you guys can help. I am buying a car from a guy that is coming in pieces. I am pretty sure ihe is trying to swap out some of the parts with parts in poor condition. The other night I noticed when I went to pick up parts that he removed the cams from the head. I did not say anything as I wanted to at least id the cams before anything.

So I searched and could not find what I was looking for. Anyone know od a OEM cam identification page or thread?

Markings on the one cam from the cam gear are 39 29 1 on the other side it is E

He seems to think cause I am a girl I will not notice some of these things.

Last week, I bought a few things off some guy, and along came some cams. He said they were crower cams but i'm not sure. Before i throw them in, i want to know if they actually are aftermarket performance cams or just stock ones he cheated me on. They have ABX stamped on them. Thats about all i know. Anyone have any idea? thanks

Ray the factory cams are not close to 212* at .050" of valve lift. That is what the HKS 272's are close to. I tried set of Crowers that were just about copies of the HKS cams and did not like them, then tried the HKS 272's and they were OK. Then I went with the king of cams for the combo I had, Crower stage 4's. I believe they had 216* intake at .050" and 218* duration on the exhaust at .050". These cams are not for the timid. Using a stutter box launch I was able to build 10psi on my Holset HX-35/40 and launch the AWD car at 4750rpm's with the throttle floored which yielded 1.68 60' times on streets and a best 11.68 and best 122mph, all on streets and my own tune with a MAF translator and chips from DSMchips.com
If I was computer capable and could use DSMlink I could have had a 10 sec car, no doubt. I also was mistakenly sold a 2nd gen tranny from teamrip for my '93 so shifting at 8500rpm was a bit difficult.
Advertised duration is measured at .004" usually or .006" of valve lift which is useless. Even the specs at .050" are just a guideline as it is the shape of the lobe that determines how quickly the valves open and close.
I was one of the few and first to use the crowers. David Buschur told me he had never heard of them! I would recommend the Crowers over both the comps and the HKS cams hands down including the smaller sizes. THX! Mark

I know I dug this up from the past, but a question caught my attention and I figured I'd ask. A guy told me these cams I have are performance cams. They appear stock to me but the stamps on one cam say: 14 1224 ABX 676 C

What do you guys say?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back