1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Cam Card Help

Posted by Mattchew, Nov 21, 2019

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. Mattchew

Mattchew Probationary Member

Joined Jul 19, 2015
    Galena, Missouri
    Can anybody tell me what's wrong with my cam card. I think they sent me the wrong one. When you run the numbers through a centerline calculator they don't add up.

Attached Files:

Street Build 783  2

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. Mello

Mello Proven Member

Joined Jul 4, 2003
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    What specifically dosen't add up? Only numbers on the cam card that would be pertinent is the duration. I get 23+180+67=270. These number are the same for both intake & exhaust. ???

3. Mattchew

Joined Jul 19, 2015
    Galena, Missouri
    Sorry I should of been more specific. When I try to degree my cams I can't ever get 23 @ .050 it's more like 2 degrees and I don't have enough adjustment on my adjustable cam gears to make up the difference. It's the same for 67 it's more like 28 degrees @ .050. Wouldn't the centerline be different than 109
    23+67+180=270÷2=135 centerline not 109?

Street Build 783  2

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. Mello

Mello Proven Member

Joined Jul 4, 2003
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I don't think your cam card is showing duration @ .05. It has strikeouts under this column. I think the 270° is advertised duration. I believe 109° is Lobe Center, simply the distance between the peak opening points on the Intake and Exhaust lobes.

5. Mattchew

Joined Jul 19, 2015
    Galena, Missouri
    So how am I suppose to degree the cams based off the cam card?

Street Build 783  2

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  6. Mello

Mello Proven Member

Joined Jul 4, 2003
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Watch this video from the Master, Jafro.

7. Mattchew

Joined Jul 19, 2015
    Galena, Missouri
    I've already watched it several times. His cam card makes more sense and he has better specs on his cam card.

Street Build 783  2

fwd · manual · 2G DSM