The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Resolved 1G Cam Angle Sensor CAS pigtail damaged wire

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agentorange313

Supporting VIP
Dec 21, 2008
Westfield, New_Jersey
I am working on my wiring harness right now deleting obsolete systems such as A/C, EGR, A/C clutch switch etc. Since the wiring harness is more than 20 years old many of the wires have been through many heat cycles and have harden.

From the pictures below you can see that my CAS wire has cracked due to this. I am looking for solutions beyond just taping it or covering it up with proper insulation.

I know that there are 2g to 1g CAS adapter cables, they appear to come with new Pigtail for the 1g CAS sensor. I was thinking calling one of the supporting vendors that carry them and seeing if I could just get the pigtail.

Personally, I can not find a way to take apart the connector to replace the wire with a new one. If this is the case, I guess the only choice I have is the new pigtail, this just has me worried because there might be other connectors in the same condition that need replacing, and I know some of the connectors are no longer made.

Does anyone have an alternative solution to replacing my CAS wire?

Thanks

Attachments

• CAS 1.jpg
    CAS 1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 184
  • CAS 2.jpg
    CAS 2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 188
  • CAS 3.jpg
    CAS 3.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 202
Someone does sell the complete pigtail for about $40 shipped I think. He sources them from the same manufacturer that Mitsu did. I cannot locate the link I found, nor member. Someone should know about it...

Personally, I can not find a way to take apart the connector to replace the wire with a new one. If this is the case, I guess the only choice I have is the new pigtail, this just has me worried because there might be other connectors in the same condition that need replacing, and I know some of the connectors are no longer made.

Does anyone have an alternative solution to replacing my CAS wire?

Thanks

Even if you could remove the terminal, the connector housing itself also has a lot of heat cycles on it, and you may want to replace it anyhow.

The links posted above can sell you the CAS pigtail, which has new GXL automotive spec wire and hi temp sheathing. RRE and Magnus have them as well. They are all from the same source.

If you want an alternative to buying the pigtail, all of the above vendors have kits that will provide you with a batch of engine connectors specific to your car. Then you have to wire it all yourself.

Or if you wait, a wiring harness maker has said they are going to build complete DSM harnesses. I think that may be the 10th one to say that over the years though, and we still don't have one. So you might be waiting a while.

I never updated this post

Contacted JNZ about a month later, got a CAS connector and pigtail, wired it into my harness.

Thanks for all the updates and advice.

Can you post a pic of that installed?

I'm curious as to how people are soldering the wires, and covering the solder joints.

Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back