The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Calling Auto Trans guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Out of the blue, last night I needed to run to town so I started the car and tried the trans to see if it was still acting up and for whatever reason, it wasn't. It didn't drive like it should as it hit gears firm in Econo mode and revved higher than it normally would. I was afraid to move the selector from "D" so I just ran my errand and came back home. It started acting strange on the way back home so I shot a quick video before it decided to go limp again, which it didn't do, but I can't trust it. The 100.1 will take care of it anyway, but if I had a completely dead 3 plug TCU, I'd tear it apart. All I have is 2 prong 2g models. It has good looking fluid in it and no smell so I don't suspect anything mechanical, here is the short video of how it was shifting in Econo mode, since it decided to work.....kinda...Thanks all for any thoughts.
https://youtu.be/Ndb-Q1nXznc

Nope, I'm running the old basic. If I was keeping my car I'd definitely upgrade to what you bought. Those features fix the few gripes I had with my box. But sadly, as of tomorrow I'll be DSM free for awhile.
AWWW, that's sad man. Well good luck with your future ventures!

People use shift boxes with a manual harness.... you shouldn't have to hack yours.

Sheridan engineering has almost all our factory OE style plugs to make your own jumper harness... unsure if they have the TCU plugs though. I was able to make a plug and play "kiggly mod" from sourced plugs there.

I have a complete 1991 auto wiring harness I kept to use in case the harness I made needs trouble shooting... I might be able to part with it economically for you if you need

Yea I thought about asking Brad if he had access to the plugs that are in the TCU's, he has always had the plugs I needed to convert 1990 stuff to 91+, but I won't jump the gun. When the 100.1 comes in I will look at the wire up for it and decide how I want to do it. Thanks for the suggestion! Keep em coming!

Just curious if you ever pulled the codes to see why it was in limp mode, it's a hundred times easier than troubleshooting an efi system and the wiring despite looking daunting, is very simple and limited to just a few sensors

It didn't have any codes for the transmission. Only a occasional CEL then off again after I hit a set of railroad tracks or bumps. I just have to comb the engine bay for a loose connector.
I got the shift box in but in manual mode right now until I have time to wire in the rest for full auto function!:thumb:

My thoughts after I have had a little time to play with the Smart Shift 100.1 are now "published" LOL. If you were following then see what you think. I love it.
Its in the Auto Trans Tech section.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back