The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

CAD/CAM Software

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerzm3

Supporting VIP
Jan 18, 2015
mount holly, New_Jersey
I see a number of members here that are fluent with fabricating using various software. I am in the Military and just moved into the Allied Trades section which involves our welding and machine shops. We are also a schoolhouse that teaches these courses to Soldiers just coming into Service or those who want to re-class. We are currently working with a HAAS T1-MP CNC Milling Machine and using Mastercam software. What software do you guys use? What software is easiest to learn that will take full advantage of our CNC Mill? I do have experience with a form of cad software that I used for my engraving machine at my old job as well as the Torchmate CNC Plasma Cutter we had. Any insight would be great!! Thanks in advance. Martin.

I think it depends on your work flow, and how you want to integrate other software into that. As well as the type of objects you are machining. Are there complex curves typical in the type of parts that you will be making? Are you going from beginner level to more advanced, or up training? Is design a part of the process you are learning/ teaching or is it mostly programming for someone else's? What is your budget?
Adding the Z to the equation makes things much more complex than the previous two axis machines you have used in the past. There is nothing to bumb into when cutting on a flat bed with a Lazer, water, a torch, etc. . Solidworks is "easy" if you have prior experience with CAD and 3D modeling.

Anybody have information on cheap/free software? I used to do CAD years and years ago. I can't afford the pro stuff. I just want to dust off some skills and play around as I'm in the job market again.
It's been so long since I've done CAD I wouldn't have a clue what the sofware is capable of now. If there is a home version how would it compare to a full version etc?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back