The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

CAD 4G63T Modeling

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talon virgin

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 18, 2012
Glendale, Arizona
:banghead: I've recently lost my job, and now have the free time I need to start on a side project to keep busy until something comes along.

I planned on building my engine up to around 500hp this fall, but without a job/income that has been put on hold. So about a week ago, I began relearning Solid Works, and I had the idea of creating rotating assembly of our engines.

I want to get to know the 4G63T engine inside and out before attempting anything modification wise(and spending money I don't have to).

I plan on:

~Modeling stock and aftermarket parts.
~Performance/flow testing
~Wire routing
~Vacuum routing

I want to have a plethora parts to simulate everything before actually buying parts and putting it together.

Jwahl425
had done something similar, a few years ago. I cant seem to get a hold of him however, so I'll be starting from scratch.

If anyone has any measurements/dimensions on parts or even better if you have some CAD drawings already, I would greatly appreciate any and all help you'd be willing to provide.

I also plan on modeling the engine bay, and complete AWD drivetrain once the engine is complete.

I actually have a thread on here about the same thing, I am a mechanical CAD Engineer by trade, and have modeled (in my spare time) the pistons, rods, crank, cyl head, full valve train, flywheel, valve cover, and a whole lot more (most everything but the block itself, as I don't have an extra to measure) I also have modeled the whole body of the car as a surface model, and it turned out pretty good.

It just takes time and patients. Good luck and post some screen captures or 3D PDF's when your done so we can all enjoy your work.

Nate

Sorry, it was a different forum, LOL

3D Modeling of 4G63 - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

Hello Total Eclipse!
the 3d model of the valve cover that you created can be used for machining a new valve cover?
I'm thinking about producing my own valve cover. I know a place with 5-axle machining center that could accept this challenge..
If you 3d your works for this, could you please share with me?

I actually have a thread on here about the same thing, I am a mechanical CAD Engineer by trade, and have modeled (in my spare time) the pistons, rods, crank, cyl head, full valve train, flywheel, valve cover, and a whole lot more (most everything but the block itself, as I don't have an extra to measure) I also have modeled the whole body of the car as a surface model, and it turned out pretty good.

It just takes time and patients. Good luck and post some screen captures or 3D PDF's when your done so we can all enjoy your work.

Nate

Sorry, it was a different forum, LOL

3D Modeling of 4G63 - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

Hello Total Eclipse!
the 3d model of the valve cover that you created can be used for machining a new valve cover?
I'm thinking about producing my own valve cover. I know a place that could accept this challenge..
If you 3d your works for this, could you please share with me? Even if the bottom is not exactly like the real cover, I can finish the modeling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back