The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

c320?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasteclispe

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 12, 2004
queens, New_York
whats up guys, im still looking for a new car. but i was talking to one of my friends that has a 2002 Mercedes-Benz c320. he told me that the c320 is "way" faster than a turbo dsm. he said the reason was that the c320 has the same engine as a clk320 but its lighter so it faster. is this true?

that doesnt really sound right to me considering that is a six with only 215bhp as the turbo dsm has around 200 in a four. even if it is lighter it still doesnt seem like it would be faster to me at all because of the hp/liter ratio

unless hes talking about an AMG which is a lot more (more than being able to mod a turbo dsm to catch it) but that would smoke the crap out of a stock turbo dsm

nolany87 said:
that doesnt really sound right to me considering that is a six with only 215bhp as the turbo dsm has around 200 in a four. even if it is lighter it still doesnt seem like it would be faster to me at all because of the hp/liter ratio

unless hes talking about an AMG which is a lot more (more than being able to mod a turbo dsm to catch it) but that would smoke the crap out of a stock turbo dsm

hp/L has nothign to do with making a car faster or slower than another car. HP/weight does. now seeing that a turbo dsm makes 210bhp and weighs 3200lbs estimate and the c320 makes 215bhp and weighs considerably more I would imagine so no I doubt it would be faster than a turbo dsm. It may fell faster however since it is a v6 and has tons more low end torque which would make the car feel faster during city driving.

sorry i meant to put hp/lbs not hp/liter i was really tired when i posted that last night but yeah if it isnt an AMG then there is no way that is is faster or even considerably close to what a turbo dsm has stock

lasteclispe said:
whats up guys, im still looking for a new car. but i was talking to one of my friends that has a 2002 Mercedes-Benz c320. he told me that the c320 is "way" faster than a turbo dsm. he said the reason was that the c320 has the same engine as a clk320 but its lighter so it faster. is this true?

no,a c320 will not smoke a stock dsm..

a c320 CDI diesel will!

my turboed nt 4g63 is just as fast as a stock 2g gst (maybe quiker.. ) but i made a mistake of revving on a c320 cdi (new car,v6 turbo diesel.. like 240 hp and a whole lotta torque)

anyhow..2 black puffs of smoke later on the onrap.. and i held with him till 75mph..then he kept pulling like it was no tommorow..

I am Benz tech, and have driven every car in their lineup including their new twin turbo v-12 cars with 604 horse and 738 ft/lbs of torque. A stock dsm will beat a C320 without a problem, seeing that they weigh 3700 lbs without a driver in them. But wow some of their cars are not something you want to mess with unless heavily modded. The E55 is one FAST car, their supercharged V8 feels faster than the TT V12 but when you look down on the speedo on the V12 your like holy crap!!!!

i work at a bmw dealer/shop and next door is the mercedes portion where my brother works and he gave me a ride in a new e55 amg and it is nothing to mess with unless you got some serious power. even from a stand still itll run low low 12's while the cl65 amg wil run high 11's.

damax03 said:
I am Benz tech, and have driven every car in their lineup including their new twin turbo v-12 cars with 604 horse and 738 ft/lbs of torque. A stock dsm will beat a C320 without a problem, seeing that they weigh 3700 lbs without a driver in them. But wow some of their cars are not something you want to mess with unless heavily modded. The E55 is one FAST car, their supercharged V8 feels faster than the TT V12 but when you look down on the speedo on the V12 your like holy crap!!!!

u tested the new C 320 v6 turbo diesel? in the E class its quick ,so the c must be quicker :thumb:

C320s are not fast and neither are the clk320s really. We have owned a c320 and clk320 and now have a clk500. A c320 is awd so it's a good all around car while a clk320 is rwd. The clk is a bit faster but neither are extremely fast. I give them mid / low 15?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back