The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

c16 questions??? Racing tonight!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candela

20+ Year Contributor
May 10, 2002
Austin, Arizona
All right guys, I m going to the track tonight and want to run c-16. Ive heard that it destroys o2 sensors after one or two uses...Is this true? I just bought a new o2 sensor and really don't wan't to have to buy another, but at the same time I want to run that fuel. Since when Im logging I wont be using o2 voltage (cause the c16 messes with it) would it be ok to just put in the old o2 sensor (doesnt work) just for tonight, or do you think that would make the car run shitty? Thanks for any help...

C16 doesnt do anything to your O2 values. They will read just the same. Leaded gas clogs your o2 sensor (and cat) after prolonged usage. At first, it just makes the O2 sensor "sleepy," it just takes the o2 sensor a bit longer to come alive when you put regular gas back in it. After a while, the leaded gas will eventually kill the o2 sensor, due to being totally clogged. You can use lots of brake cleaner and a torch to burn off the excess lead, then your O2 sensor will work again. Or just spend $55 and go buy another one.

I ran 110 (which is leaded) in my car for prolly 100 passes, and every time, the o2 sensor would get sleepy during normal driving After 25-50 miles of easy driving with normal gas, it would come back to life. Eventually, they don't come back to life :)

Mike

Ok thanks, so you think about a quarter tank wont kill it? Or you think I should just put in like 2 gallons? Thanks for the reply, Im leaving in like 2 hours, and really excited!

remove as much of the pump gas as you can. Do this by turning off the car, pulling the return fuel line off the fpr, hooking up a fuel line running into a gas can, then turning on the car. Let the car run until the fuel is barely dribbling out of the return line into the gas can, or until the car dies.

You will still have some pump gas in the tank. Pour in 5 gal of C15 and you are set. I don't believe in only putting in 2 gal of racegas or whatever. You run your gas level low enough, your pump pickup will suck in some air, and you can easily burn up a piston.

When you are done racing, just do it again to get the race gas out and pour the pump gas in.

Mike

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back