The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Bw s259 on the Dyno

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok so I pulled the tranny out and took it apart. The shift fork broke and thats it. I have another and the car should be running before the weekend. Im going to try and make it up to the dyno this weekend so we can see some numbers with the new set up.

Yeah wet our appetite and post those numbers LOL!

Ive been having issues..I broke 3rd fork put it back together. Then a week later I striped 4-5 teeth off 3rd gear. I just rebuilt a tranny again this week and going to put it in the car later today. The t3 .70 ar housing really opened up the turbo. I still want to go back to the dyno to get some before and after swapping turbine housings. Im getting ready for a dsm track here for the local boards. Its May 1st. So I'm going to get some track footage and see what the s259 will do. I have it set to 26psi. My afrs are 11.5 on e85 so I have a lot to lean it out. Timing is 24* no knock. The car pulls very very hard. I plan on turning it to 30-35 psi. I just don't know how long the tranny will last. I striped the 3rd gear from a roll. So the car is making good power on the t3 housing.

So going full t3 is the way to go over the bolt on mitsu houseing? Im planing to use the hx40pro full t3 with a dnp mani. what do you think about it? Any T3 header recamendations

Yes T3 is the way to go.Punishment makes a good one. Earls as well. I have a slowboy racing tublar t3 that I picked up used for 250. Wish I had enough for a punishment though.

So going full t3 is the way to go over the bolt on mitsu houseing? Im planing to use the hx40pro full t3 with a dnp mani. what do you think about it? Any T3 header recamendations

DNP is probably pretty good for $600 but the more expensive ones like Shearer Fab and Punishment are very thick stainless, like about 1/8 inch thick tubing. They don't even call it "tubing" they call it "forgings". Being so thick they won't crack and they will transfer less heat into the engine bay. Stainless is a slow heat conductor anyway, but the thicker the better from that standpoint. Also some of those more expensive ones make the flanges out of stainless too, whereas the less expensive ones use mild steel flanges. I would not get a Megan. They are sloppy about fit and port matching and they are not very thick.
One thing you should look into is where does it place the turbo relative to the stock position, relative to the engine and radiator (fore and aft) and relative to the alternator and where will the wastegate fit in. It can turn into a can of worms but I'm still planning on doing it, probably with a Shearer.

A lot of guys in here like the ERL manifold which is a cast stainless steel manifold that places the turbo far enough forward so it won't hit the block or the water pipe, and places the wastegate high enough to miss most of the things that it would normally run into. For a good lead on the ERL check out post #33 by DSM90AWD at this link, also I'll put a picture of his setup here. Purdy hey?
T9S1i in this thread has an ERL with an S258 on the end of it.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/bolt-tech/255628-t3-manifold-35r-2.html#post151158675

Gary

Attachments

• ERL cast SS T3 manifold DSM90AWD on DSMtuners.jpg
    ERL cast SS T3 manifold DSM90AWD on DSMtuners.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,253
Actually, I polished it myself. Only the upper/top/ part of the manifold. Over time, it turns golden-brown color, but every once in a while, I just go over with a Scotch brite pad and a few different grits of sandpaper ranging from 600-800-1000-1200. It is 10 min. job by hand.

On the second question about cooling fans, you will not be able to fit 12" fan/behind, if you mean in front of radiator, if you have AC. 10" fan fits in frontof condeneser core. If you don't have AC, you could fit 12" right on radiator. I assume, that if you don't have AC, you've removed the AC condenser.

If you mean to fit 12" fan in normal place of main stock fan, yes this would fit easy. I even had 14" fan before, but the only 14", that would fit , that I know of is Perma-Cool 14" fan, rated @ 1650CFM's.
As of right now, I run 12" Perma-Cool high output fan, rated @ astonishing 3000 CFM's.

Thanks for the input guys. I think im leaning to the punishment side alittle. Its costly but i look at it like this, you get what you pay for.

Thanks for the input guys. I think im leaning to the punishment side alittle. Its costly but i look at it like this, you get what you pay for.

That should be a good one. I was talking to Michael at Extreme Turbo Systems a few days ago about T3 manifolds and the Punishment was the first one he recommended. Also, Punishment is one of those places you can actually talk to or email and get a pretty straight answer to your questions about fit or placement of the turbo and wastegate. Also I would say Punishment stuff in general is not overpriced at all for what you get.

Gary

It fine.. I still would like to use my NLTS but I cant yet. Tranny still doesn't like shifting past 6500 rpm slamming the gears.. Im still saving up for the parts for the double syncro 1st-5th. Unfortunately something came up and Im having to sell the turbo:cry::cry:.. I haven't thought of what turbo I will be going with next at this point. I just need to pay something asap. I went to the track Friday night.. Best run 12.6 @117 2.0 60ft.. I was taking it easy. I only got to run 3 times and then the track was closed.. I think the car would have made a a sub 12 sec pass or a high to mid 11. I was spinning through 1st and 2nd I had the 2step set to 5700 and that was too high. I had to lower it to 4850 to get it to hook up some what. Then i bogged just a bit.. Think I need a driver mod:D.and some more track time.

It fine.. I still would like to use my NLTS but I cant yet. Tranny still doesn't like shifting past 6500 rpm slamming the gears.. Im still saving up for the parts for the double syncro 1st-5th. Unfortunately something came up and Im having to sell the turbo:cry::cry:.. I haven't thought of what turbo I will be going with next at this point. I just need to pay something asap. I went to the track Friday night.. Best run 12.6 @117 2.0 60ft.. I was taking it easy. I only got to run 3 times and then the track was closed.. I differently think the car would have made a a sub 12 sec pass or a high 11. I was spinning through 1st and 2nd I had the 2step set to 5700 and that was too high. I had to lower it to 4850 to get it to hook up some what. Then i bogged just a bit.. Think I need a driver mod:D.and some more track time.

Sorry to hear the bad news. Keep up posted.

Im going to the same dyno sat. It will be the mustang. I will post up the results sat with the difference in turbine housings. I haven't changed anything but the turbine housings. So I cant wait to see what the difference is.

Im going to the same dyno sat. It will be the mustang. I will post up the results sat with the difference in turbine housings. I haven't changed anything but the turbine housings. So I cant wait to see what the difference is.

Yup, that will be great.
Hey, are you going to keep the turbo for awhile instead of selling it?

Gary

Yeap.. I worked out my financial problems. I'm scheduled to hit the dyno at 10am. I'm at 31psi afr 11.5 no knock right now. Im going to lean it out a bit when I get on the dyno and turn the boost up to 35psi so what this s259 will do.

Well not very happy made 441 hp @ 31psi.. I didnt push it anymore cause it should have made more than that. Something is not right.. Going to check for boost leaks and check my timing. I made 455hp on the dsm turbine housing I was running 12.5-12.8 afr. Since then Ive added two intank 255hp fuel pumps and a t3 turbine housing. Afrs are 11.8. Today it was about 95* in the shop last time it was 20* I dont know how much of difference that would make. I still think the car should have put down well over 450 on the T3 turbine housing. Im going to take a look at everything do a compression check and check for boost leaks and etc etc. I will post up the dyno graph soon. Im still upset.This is on the same mustang dyno.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back