The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Buying DSMLink questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stugotsv10

Proven Member
May 21, 2021
Connecticut
Need some help with some of the options I don't quite understand. Buying from MAP.

MAF Type? I am going with SD so does this matter?
Injectors? They only seem to go to 1150 and I have the 2150 FIC's

Socket Conversion?

Last (Stupid) question. I currently have an AEM 1 EMS ECU (bought the car with it) so the DSMLink wont work with that ECU right? I'll have to find or BUY an OEM?

Thanks for the help

You need a stock ECU. It can be an EPROM unit or Non EPROM and ECMLink can socket it.
I would go right to the source and get Link from ECMLink.
The software will allow you to adjust for the different injector size that you run.
The AEM V1 isn't supported anymore and very hard to find a repair shop or tuning help with them, but a few members do still run them with success. Most of us find ECMLink a bit easier to "play" with but it doesn't have as many inputs for extra features as the AEM does.

I can`t answer this question but did want to say ... there are no stupid questions... just stupid answers.... Best of luck working out your de-lemma...
Hey....thats my saying!!!! But you have seniority over me Larry so I'll let ya have it! ;)

The options you're seeing are just so that ECMLink (the company) can load the chip you buy with a SW image with settings that match your setup so you might be able to drop it in and fire it up. None of it matters because you can change all of these options yourself. The only thing they would need to know is whether you're 1g or 2g and if you need a speed density harness included in your purchase. If your AEM setup is already running SD then I'd guess not.

Is there a reason you're ditching the AEM system to go ECMLink?

I do know a person that runs AEM V1 and can tune it. DTR in Oklahoma. He runs AEM V1 and is very successful. He is only on Facebook and Instagram and is very busy in his business but he runs the same ECU as you have already.

Oh it does, I just HAPPENED to know ONE person, that's it, ONE.
I like ECMLink, it does what I need. It is a bit limited on extra inputs for sensors or whatever but I think we have all found a way around it, to an extent.
This picture shows how you calculate the Global Fuel in ECMLink when you don't have stock injectors.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

ohh wow thats awesome!!!! I gotta say also dealing with this situation with my motor and all, truth is there are some GREAT people in this DSM world and some real scum.......

Coming from the Viper world we had maybe 1 scum bag shop but DSM's wow, everyone is looking to cram up where the sun dont shine LOL

ohh wow thats awesome!!!! I gotta say also dealing with this situation with my motor and all, truth is there are some GREAT people in this DSM world and some real scum.......
You should consider what ECU you would need/want before deciding to go with ECMLink without a plan. It would depend on who would tune the car (Tuner's preference) and what features you want from ECU. If it's just a tuning solution, ECMLink is great and would be sufficient for most of people. But in case if you would like to log many sensors or control many things via ECU, maybe a standalone would be better. If you wouldn't tune by yourself, find someone who would work for your car and ask him what ECU would be the best for your needs.

@DSMPT does have a point. MOST of us can use ECMLink and be fine. Some applications require more sensors and feedback for fail safes. A stand alone ECU is a good thing if you have a tuner for it and a repair person for it. I looked into running a V1 myself, but really, I wanted to be able to finesse my tune to my liking plus I enjoy the fact that I build it, tune it and drive it. I have a tuner, and he is terrific, but he teaches and explains as we change things so that I can do most things myself. I like that.
If your build needs some extra readings or sensors, the stand alones (Haltech, AEM, HPTuners, Link, MoTec etc) are the top of the line, unfortunately the support for manipulating the features are not as prevalent on the web.
Many racers use stand alones and do well but myself, I just get the satisfaction out of "kinda" knowin what I'm doing in the ECMLink settings, but, like I said, I have a tuner also. Basic tunes run around $300 and can be done remotely. It is popular and HANDY. We have a few right here on the forum. :thumb:

Since you’re going to end up buying a used ecu, I’d also like to recommend that you make this purchase directly from ecmlink. They can inspect the ecu, replace the caps, add a socket, whatever it needs to go along with your new eprom chip. I had an excellent experience with them getting my setup about a year ago.

There ya go @stugotsv10, there are a few members that are good with the AEM, if you have it, you may want to talk to @biglady112. I'm not sure how far away you guys are from each other but he can probably remote with you or you guys could talk about going ahead and using the ECU you have and let him tune it. It has a lot of features, I just couldn't find a repair shop for one when it had an issue, as AEM says that the support for the V1 is not there anymore, at least from them.

Does DSM link work well with NX express and Water meth? for that matter does AEM? LOL

Well I run NX and Water Meth. Both are standalones tho. The AEM has all the inputs for the little "extras" like that, where ECMLink only gives us a few and 1g guys even fewer.

This doesn't answer your question about nitrous or water/meth, but having run ECMLink on two cars, the black box ECU, and the EVO 8 ECU, my current car is running MS3X and I like it a lot better. It's my second DD running MegaSquirt and three of my other cars will be getting Megasquirts soon.

Correct E85 is tough around here, and its so far outta the way its not worth it.

Turbo I ended up going with is 6266

From alot of the Turbos I was looking at it seemed to work for the power level I'm shooting for, price is fair, They are owned by turbonetics which I've had in the past was very happy with with so I trust the brand personally (I know I have read a few things about em LOL)

NX honestly just in case something faster then me rolls up along side of me, it may never get used and if it does it will be one in a blue moon, just an edge in case a monster is next to me on the highway LOL

A 6266 is a PTE turbo, not Turbonetics. They make great power for their wheel size, but have been known to have reliability issues. What is your power goal?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back