The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

busted end clutch? or blown tranny

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doodie

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 11, 2002
Brooklyn, New_York
Auto GSX, was cruising at 80mph on the highway before. But when it stopped at the red light, the car choked and when gassed afterwards, the motor revs but isn't moving at all. This goes for every gear L, 2, 3, D and Reverse. We let it sit for a while and the car will move a little, like after 30mph, the car starts to rev up and not move. Is this a blown end clutch or is it a totally busted tranny? and where can I get a aftermarket endclutch if it is?

i have a... semi-similar problem with my auto 92 gsx. i was driving last week and it when it was shifting to 3rd i think, it missed. i let off, slowed down and tried to get it to downshift into a lower gear. still nothing. we pushed it into a parking lot and tried every gear, the car didnt even move at all, like it usually does when i shift into drive or reverse. anyone has a problem like this?

yeah its happening all over again. He left the car over night and it ran again. He was able to bring it up to around 60mph then it happened all over again after 15 minutes. Which leads to make me think that it definitly has to be the end clutch wearing out. We'll have a new end clutch kit put in and some new tranny fluid put in soon to fix everything I hope. I just need some more feedback to whats wrong thats it.

OK Doodie, you had the exact same problem that I had. The car would move a little then it would rev up, right? I got mine towed to the mitsubishi place to get it looked at and they said that the transmission was shot. Thats when I made the decision to swap to a 5 speed which I am in the process of doing right now (still need a few more parts before I start). They might have been feeding me a load but I do know that they are professionals and they are supposed to know these things. If you have any success on finding the REAL problem, let me know so I can go bi*** someone out for feeding me load of bullsh*t to get my money.
GOOD LUCK
JUSTIN

It is more than your end clutch. If it was just your end clutch you would not have overdrive. The other 3 gears would work.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back