The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Bushur Bottom End?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxR6guy

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 18, 2006
Haltom, Texas
Hey guys im new to the DSM world been owning stangs for a while and wanted a change of pace with that being said i just purchased a 90 Eagle Talon TSi.

Right now the motor is out of the car along with the tranny, my goal is to build a 400-500hp car or atleast too build or buy a bottom end that will hold it so i dont have to pull it out again.

I guess my question is im looking too buy a :https://secure.buschurracing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_34&products_id=149

Anyone here used this bottom end? I realize i could just keep it stock bottom end and have fun w/ alot of boost but figured i might as well do it now since the motor is out when i bought it.

Any other input would be appreciated btw looking too go the cheap and effective way. i figured it out on my stang 302 i figured i can do it on these, i know you dont need the most expensive parts to make it go just the right combo and that's where im researching right now on these cars.

Buschur dose great work, should be no problems out of the motor. Welcome to the dsm life. Congrats on leaving the mustangs it's about time you got smart

Yeah im excited too get my hands on this sleeper and that's the way i like em ugly but run like a badass out of hell :)

The car was in good shape other than the paint faiding from being outside no rust or etc it blew a timing belt so they pulled the motor out and my friend that owned it decided too mess his bike so i bought it for $800 pretty good deal i think.

Ugly ??? Yea right, these things are way better looking than any mustang. It's hard to be a sleeper when everyone knows that dsm's are fast. I used to not like the look of 1g's, but they grew on me and once i put my front mount on i fell in love.

Buschur racing is proven and I'm sure you will love that block. But keep in mind that with a 9.0:1 compression ratio, you'll need precise tuning or even a built block like that can go "BOOM". You'll also need to run a little higher octane to keep your boost at the higher pressures. On pump gas, you'll need to keep the boost down. The key is tuning, tuning, and more tuning. Good luck on your goals!

Thanks for the advice like i said ive got a good friend that knows some ppl around here locally running in the 10's with these cars so im going meet them and get some advice on what i need too do or give me some insight on DSM motors.

Yeah ive been reading these are tune happy motors.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back