The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

buschur racing vs. rnr

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polishshark

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 2, 2003
des plaines, Illinois
i was wondering which turbo-back ehaust system is better RNR or the buschur racing?

thx

Both are long pieces of pipe that take exhaust form the front of your car all the way to the back. if the pipes are the same size, the exhausts are the SAME. Go with price.

Unless you are getting the 02 eliminator from RnR......

I would personally go with RNR if I were you. When my exhaust system went, I researched this extensively and eventually decided on an RNR. I got a 2.5" turbo-back with the high-flow cat and the SS muffler for $650 shipped to my door. Service was quick and I am more than pleased with what I got. Only thing I wouldn't do again is get the cat., it looks like they just sold me a regular one for $100 when I could have gotten one on ebay for $40. I also didn't get a tip b/c I had one already.

Fitment was quick and easy except for one hangar was put on upside down, but it was no big deal. Took me about an hour to get the old one off and another hour to get the new one on. It looks awesome on the car (check my gallery) and sounds even better. I set off car alarms when I go through a parking garage at 2K and get numerous compliments on it.

Originally posted by jbillakdsm
I set off car alarms when I go through a parking garage at 2K and get numerous compliments on it.

ahhh man, this just killed it for me... I was leaning towards the RNR because others said that it was only slightly louder than stock :confused:

It's not that I set them all off, just the REALLY sensitive ones. I used to do the same thing when I had a hole in my downpipe on my stock system. It may be a little quieter for the FWD too since you have to go up and over the axle, the AWD is a little straighter than the FWD. The fact that you have a 2g and the routing is different may make a difference as well. Plus, I'm talking from the POV of a person who went to a full 7CM ported manifold and turbo and matched O2 housing from a leaky stock in a weekend.

I think I was misleading with the sound and I'm sorry about that. 95% of the time I can't even hear my exhaust. The only times that it resonates is at 2K when slowing down, 3K when letting off the gas, and when I'm stomping on it. The rest of the time I am just a little louder than the stock system. The difference is the tone. The RNR is just deeper than the stock system. I'm going to try and make a sound clip tomorrow so I can show you.

I have bad experience with buschurs turbo back. The one my friend got fit extremely poorly, and used exhaust band clamps to hold it together. That would have been ok had the exhaust fit better and one of the hangers not been welded so only 1" of the band clamp could hold on. Also the tip that came out the back looked ###. It just stuck like 3" out the back bumper and up at a 30 degree angle.

My thermal fits way better, actually its fitment is pretty much flawless. The only problem with it is the ### 5" tip. When i get back from Iraq i'm gonna get a cleaner 4" tip for it.

-Dallas J

I ordered the RNR about three and half weeks ago and it has not even been shipped so if you you get it be prepared to wait a while. But the price is so damn good and I've heard such good things I don't mind.:thumb:

i too decided on getting the rnr, ive had mine for about a month. Only complaint I have is that it was a little louder than i expected.

RNR is a good place. Just got my downpipe and test pipe from them. Good company. Nice products

RnR exahusts are quite good, in fact, they are not too loud at all. At first I was like "yikes, this is loud.." but now I don't even notice it. Once problem I had with mine, is even with the tip, I still get carbon build up on my bumper. Hopefully when I get rid of the cat and replace with a straight pipe, I will push the catback portion of my exhaust out a bit.

i know it isnt a choice but i'd go with thermal. good stuff. if u get the full kit from extreme its a bit expensive. but i have numerous friends who love the kit as i do. i only have the 3" catback neckdown to the stock cat. full SS is nice too.

anyway, if u dont mind spending the money Thermal R&D is my number one choice for catbacks. as for o2 elim downpipes, i went with a VRS from slowboy. pz

ps. the exhaust isn't very loud compared to my 2.5 5zigen catback i used to have. more deep mellow sound so i wouldn't worry. even when u get on it its not obnoxiously loud like a apex n1.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back