The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Buschur 1g Header

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just recieved my 1g Buschur header. First hands on inspection this is a quality piece. I'm happy with the purchase. Top notch quality from material to welds to flow design. No sharp bends. Smooth weld transitions. Flange port work is smooth. Collector is nicely done as well. I like the wastegate location to clean up the engine bay! Also included is the o2 housing and waste gate dump. I didn't take pics of that. I will get this wrapped and on the car this weekend and post how it goes. If it goes on as good as it looks it will be a breeze.

Attachments

• IMG_1342 (960x1280).jpg
    IMG_1342 (960x1280).jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_1343 (960x1280).jpg
    IMG_1343 (960x1280).jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_1346 (960x1280).jpg
    IMG_1346 (960x1280).jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_1347 (1280x960).jpg
    IMG_1347 (1280x960).jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_1344 (960x1280).jpg
    IMG_1344 (960x1280).jpg
    22 KB · Views: 277
Nice, thanks for posting up the pics of the header.

We will be adding pictures to our site soon and probably do a product release too.

That header should drop the times of your car by a bit and I'm hoping puts ours into the 8's.

Thanks for your friendship and support!

No problem man, It's a great piece.

Dropping times are what Buschur parts do!

I have a new found respect for anyone that wraps headers. This was a test of patience! The wrap took a beating while installing it so its a bit frayed. Lil disappointing after all that work.

Attachments

• manifold wrapped.jpg
    manifold wrapped.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 262
The best thing you can do when wrapping a header is soak the wrap is water first. It makes it so much easier to work with putting it on wet. It also seems to allow it to stretch more and then when it gets hot it shrinks down.

Got a chance to install the header finally. Perfect fit. Tight to the Radiator but still enough room. Had to lengthen my water lines and oil dump a tad bit since it pushed it out towards the rad a tiny bit. Other than that the hardest part of this entire process was getting the old setup off.

Attachments

• mani installed 1.jpg
    mani installed 1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 280
  • mani installed 2.jpg
    mani installed 2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 259
  • mani installed turbo gaurd.jpg
    mani installed turbo gaurd.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 279
Wow, it looks fantastic. Which radiator do you have in the car? I test fitted it with the stock radiator in the car and left a fingers thickness in there.

Run a fluidybe radiator in the car. It may be a hair thicker than factory. There's more than enough room to hook up the intercooler piping so I am good! Great piece Dave. Need to finish some other projects that are going on with the car right now and then get it on the rollers. Thanks Dave!

Boost response does seem faster. preliminary test last night had the car come up on the converter quicker than it did with the old setup. This shows a increase in torque without any tuning changes. Dave you have done it again! Thanks for the great piece. More data to follow once it gets on the rollers.

Looks good man can't wait to see what the car does now!

-Michael

Update for this header
My setup changed from the 3076 to a Fp3586HTA Manifold stayed for this setup. Larger turbo spooled up very quickly and manifold never chocked out any top end power. This Buschur manifold/FP3586 combo went 8.93@146 this year without any nitrous in the auto setup.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back