The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Bumper vents

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green97gstspyder

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
newark, Delaware
I have been tossing around the idea of bumper vents to help bring down temps. I am running a little over 200 with ets street fmic and stock front ducts to suck air from fmic. I just don't think I am getting enough air flow. I have been looking into the 350z front vents on eBay and seen numerous posts about them but was wondering if anyone has actually installed them and if they will fit the contour of our 2g bumpers. I was thinking of putting these on and making a duct to go from the vent to the stock plastic duct in front of condenser to make it like a ram air induction

I have a derale puller for main fan and ebay pusher fan for ac, cx racing aluminum radiator, 160 t stat, 70/ 30 mix with water wetter maybe even more water than that, fans on constantly through link, fan shroud is sealed to rad, and rad is sealed to condenser.

I am running hx35 on bep housing and tial waste gate on recirc o2 housing and it gets hot under there. I ran without a bumper for a day and it stayed around 200 with ac on until it sat in my driveway idling it started to creep up.

I like the hood vent and ducting better but here is the 350z style
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Stm version

I cut out a vent behind the plate for track duty

Seavee dsm how did your vents work out for you? I noticed on my way home after work on a 80 degree day I hit 186 on a 160 t stat no ac with some good pulls. I know with my ac before I was hitting 216

The vents work great. July and August are the absolute hottest and most humid months here in Miami. Even then, unless I sit prolonged idling AND after having done some hard pulls in the middle of the day (when its like 95 degrees and near 100% humidity), the temps cycle between 186-196, as the T-stat does its job.

After adding the big FMIC which is a huge restriction in and of itself, of the various things I did to address proper cooling, the vents made the single biggest difference. Next were the two big SPAL branded fans. I also added about a year ago an exhaust manifold "shroud" made out of a fabric type heat resistant material, but can't recall where I sourced it - it was one of the vendors here.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back