The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Bumper Cut Out (Merged 3-31-09)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The stock bumper wasn't gonna cut it for fmic flow so I busted out the 3" cutter and a trip to home depot later

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Looks good. Did this a little while ago to mine just cut a little more. Anxious to see how everything turns out. Good luck.

Looks good. Did this a little while ago to mine just cut a little more. Anxious to see how everything turns out. Good luck.

Thanks. The way I cut it I picked up from another car in the gallery. He curved the edges instead of making it box like. I think for a 1gb it makes it look a lot better. I'm more of a 1ga guy but this shell I have now is my favorite :thumb:

Thanks. The way I cut it I picked up from another car in the gallery. He curved the edges instead of making it box like. I think for a 1gb it makes it look a lot better. I'm more of a 1ga guy but this shell I have now is my favorite :thumb:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I agree with you about the shape. Like how the edges aren't sharp, I need to put something along mine to make it look a little smoother. I'm the exact opposite, I like the 1gbs better than the a's. We can trade if you want LOL, jk. You def got yourself a nice base. I was actually looking into that shell, that car was amazing when it was together. Good luck again, I'm sure you'll have fun with it.

I'm wanting to cut my front bumper cover to show more of my FMIC. Can you post a pic of yours and maybe some of how you did it?:)

I never saw one cut i left mine alone, my pr fmic looks great you want to show more of it off your gonna have to cut the top to your liking, never saw a 1g cut though.

Are you thinking about cutting it because of overheating issues, or strictly visual? Keep in mind that it will be very difficult to go back to stock if things go wrong such as the bumper warping, or flexing after being cut. A year ago I tried to obtain a replacement bumper for a boosted 1G and found out no vendor, or dealer carries it.

I figured out how much I needed to cut out. I used my grinder to cut it all out.
I then test fitted and trimmed a little more. Once figment was where I wanted it to be, I re-installed the bumper. I put in the grill mesh and added fiberglass for strength and support. I would show pics but I am away from car.

I never saw one cut i left mine alone, my pr fmic looks great you want to show more of it off your gonna have to cut the top to your liking, never saw a 1g cut though.

Iv'e seen a few cut and didn't look to bad at all. I have a large intercooler that I'm just wanting to show a little more. You can barely see mine peaking. I am wondering about how it will flex when I'm just driving down the road.

The cut up front bumper on my 2g ranks pretty high on my most hated previous owner mods. :notgood:

Scary i love my bumper the way it is the intercooler can still flow just fine but dread cuttiing it its not like you can find another if you mess it up. LOL

I took a dry erase marker and got the lines how it wanted them and then took a utility knife and cut it. It was simple and looked gooood with my 12'' high IC:)

Which post, of the three pages worth, got your body kit in an uproar?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back