The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Bumper Cut Out (Merged 3-31-09)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Someone figured out the SEARCH!

Yay!

Looks good. I need to learn how to not run up on parking lot curbs before I can justify putting time into bumper mods! Very clean cuts, impressive job dude.

Custom Motivator, hot of the press.

Attachments

• motivator1451344.jpg
    motivator1451344.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 514
This is mine. I wasn't having cooling issues with my rad but more so with my intercooler. It honestly allowed me to run a more aggressive timing curve.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hitler cut

This is mine.

Attachments

• m_248a43685b4cdb2f38d5b66e2cfbec57.jpg
    m_248a43685b4cdb2f38d5b66e2cfbec57.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 1,225
I really like how this one was done. It seems like the foglight area was even made bigger.

Moving this out of fab to appearance.

The blue car's bumper is nicely done.I hate hacking away at bumpers,but it really is the only way to get better airflow thru our FMIC.

Merged 4 of these suckers together. The text may be a little confusing due to the chronological order, but now there is a good set of what/how type pics.

If anyone finds any other bumper cutting threads, I can merge those as well.

Hell, we could do one for 2g cars as well as this seems to be 1g-centric.

haha thanks lando. cause i was sitting here like " all this wasnt in the same thread last night! wft is goin on??" LOL.

cutting the front bumper looks good if you take your time. but there is a fine line when going too far imho, like the red 1gb above, it just looks half done.

I didn't do it myself I bought my shell with the bumper like this but the guy before me cut it diagnol and used rubber edge protector like you would see on a door and I think it's my favorit other than the blue one up a couple post from me.

Here is my 2Gee its a biggin, 4 inches thick.

I really like how this one was done. It seems like the foglight area was even made bigger.

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!! Someone should really start making those bumpers. I would pay top dollar for one of those.:hellyeah: :thumb:

Oh! and 1997_GSX that looks clean as hell!!:applause:

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!! Someone should really start making those bumpers. I would pay top dollar for one of those.:hellyeah: :thumb:

Oh! and 1997_GSX that looks clean as hell!!:applause:

Thanks, It has its flaws but the car Is really clean, has a few dings but for a 97 :D

I just cut out the black piece but often I think about cutting high but don't want to kill the cleanliness of it.

Best one, looks super clean

Here's one I came across.

Picture from Battle Of The Imports

We need to find out who's blue car that is and stick them in a factory with a few armed guards and make them mass produce these. all in say sweat shop.

We need to find out who's blue car that is and stick them in a factory with a few armed guards and make them mass produce these. all in say sweat shop.

I saved the pictures off of an autotrader add. It was for sale about 8 months ago.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back