The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Built not bought- 655awhp/487tq

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickasskid2087

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 10, 2008
Festus, Missouri
Finally got the build all together. Dyno is a dynojet.

All work performed by myself.

This is on a divided t4 billet 6265.

Ended up at 38psi, 14 degrees of timing, 11.4-11.6 far, E-70 in the tank, revving out to 8750.

The car was still making power but I didn't want to rev higher.

Went to the track the following day, knocked out a 11.5 at 137mph with a 2.2 60". Already purchased a boost solenoid for boost by gear and no-lift-shift setup.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Dyno pull:

Car in its current form.

Build thread:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/cornfed-97-awd-tsi.470638/

Quick mods:
2.0 6 bolt/ 10.0:1/ E85
Manley I beams/ Wiesco hds
Girdle/ L19s/ permatorque
2g ported head/ kelford 280s
Jmf race smim/ custom Ex manifold

Faulty tach lead. We were having trouble with it every pull.

Last edited:
Nice power curve, and supah clean engine bay, what turbine housing are you using?

This isn't a precision turbo. It's an odd ball odd setup I got on a trade. But that car is making some jam.

Taking nothing away from the op. His car is making some nice power. But here is that same turbo making 150 more whp in a single scroll t4.

http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...eed-2-2l-6265-hits-835awhp-2.html#post9641088
4g64 2.2l 43psi boost plus some of the other nice mods mentioned there will do that. Question, nice you mentioned that car but curious to know if the idea of it being a single scroll making that power would be wh we are mentioning that particular car here? Just asking

Definitely more displacement and bigger turbine housing for sure.

Kickass,

Do you have a dynosheet in power vs rpm?

Are you planning on getting to any track events at gateway in 2016?

Defiantly, making some jam, with that trap you should be able to work it into the 9's with some good driving and slicks.

What's a 6265? is that precursor to a 6266?

Sadly no. This is all we had to work with. Couldn't get a decent signal.

Car will be a gateway in 2016 for sure. Winter projectis getting the rear Diff and transfer case beefed up. Along with some other adjustments to the setup.

137 trap was on 32 psi as well. So there's more in it still.

Yes, the 65mm p-trim exhaust wheels predate the current 66 line. This specific turbo is a Zeta 3.2. May upgrade to a 6466 down the line.

I was sort of hoping this was a p trim deal. I got like 3 p trim chra's at home. Been thinking about buying a cheap 35r cover and compressor off ebay and putting one together to play with.

Anyway seen this at mod, defiantly nice!

Where did you dyno this at? been looking for somewhere close with a 4wd dyno to play on. I'm working on a

Sadly no. Car is sitting. My tre trans didn't hold up well to the power. Have other ventures to pursue currently so the Talon won't get much love for a little while.

The car has been put on the back burner. I have accumulated a few parts here and there, but have been focusing my time and finances elsewhere. Currently in a climate controlled garage under covers for now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back