The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Building my self a 14b car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chavez408

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 13, 2003
Bay Area, California
Here is the inside, it is a 1g talon with 100k on the block. 150 compression. Daily Driver full weight.
Mod list:
225 wally with a afpr, 650 fic inj
K&N with a dejon intake.
Evo3 o2 housing, fp manifold. This will all be controlled by dsmlink, of course.
Their pretty much all bolt ons , nothing special. I will be heading out to the track around march. So I have enough time to tune and work on the car. Hopefully I can break into the mid 13's.

I am working on a decent 14b buildup myself in my 2g gst, have 272, arpheadstuds, 3" turboback, and will have link, 1000cc(to run e85), 255, afpr, and wideband after tax season. Keep us informed if you could, I'm interested what your setup will get you. I think for the $$$ the 14b is very underrated. Good Luck!!

If you can, find a 7cm^2 turbine housing from a 16g to replace the 6cm^2 one. More top end with a marginal difference in spool.

I will keep you guys updated! I would get cams but I want to keep the block as stock as possible. Than after ill see about cams.

The cams can definetly wait, i had to tear off my head to remove a broken exh manifold stud while I was replacing my t/belt and turbo, so I figured while I was in I would do what I could, plus I got a great deal on a 2g head, ported/polished with the cams and retainers, sort of a package deal. I wish taxes would get here!! Thanks for offering the updates.

IMHO, even 264/264 would be more than enough for a 14b. Stock cams can EASILY get you into the 13's. If you plan on upgrading your turbo later, add the cams then.

The turbo will be upgraded, not just now. Maybe to a 5031bb since the car is mostly being built for road racing.
Oh yeah I forgot to mention I am running kyb agx adjustable shocks, sportline springs.
This will also be my first time racing at the 1/4 mile.

Hey mr. Peepers, was your car in full weight when you ran that 13.6 in your profile? How many runs did you ran?
That is a decent time ill be shooting for.

Just an FYI I have the 14B on my car and ran flat 13's all day on SAFC/Logger tune. I know have DSMLink and larger injectors so hoping to beat 12.5

NICE!! What size injectors you runnin sexydsm95? Any other mods?

The car is going to be run on pump gas (91 oct). Those are great times though.

Check my profile, they were 550cc injectors at the time and they they were maxed at 105% IDC so I know have 660cc and a couple other goodies.

That was actually my first run ever at a track. Mods were ported exhaust pieces and turbo, 3" magnaflow turboback, K&N, and MBC set at 14-15 psi. The rest of the runs were immediately after so my ET and trap speed went down even though my 60' improved a good bit. The only thing taken out were the rear seats(never came with them anyway) and spare/jack.

Awesome. Was your car tune by that time? Mr. Peepers.

Last summer i ran 13.2 in my 92 awd laser. stock 14b 3" turbo back, 255,intake, boosted 20lbs,and bov.

You should kill your goals and i wounldnt be suprized if you ran mid 12's

Attachments

• Dunlop Star Spec.jpg
    Dunlop Star Spec.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 38,714
  • test specs.jpg
    test specs.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,248
  • stack of tires.jpg
    stack of tires.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 930
  • OLOA branding.jpg
    OLOA branding.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 919
who ports turbos? I have a 14b. That Arctic-racing.com guy claims he runs the fastest 14b turbo. I want that route. I want to show just how much power you can make from stock internals minus cams and injectors.

Alot of people will port your 14b, boss. Almost every other vendor or shop will do it. Or you can just buy the equipment and do it your self. There is a write up in the forums on how to do it
I am having troubles with griding 3rd gear, so I will see how everything goes at the track.

Also I am having huge boost leaks, the hose clamps on my IC keep popping out. So I am going to be replacing them with t bolt clamps

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back