The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

building my own FMIC kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegengsta

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 23, 2002
Minneapolis/St Paul, Minnesota
well after looking into a front mount kit from IRC/greddy/apex/hahns, i think its wayyy to much money just for a front mount system. soo... im thinking about building my own.. ive seen nice cores on ebay for about 450 bucks and then i would need to get my own mandrel bent tubing. my question is what diameter tubing is it? i want to say its a 2.25", but correct me if im wrong.. also are turbo tube clamps different from regular intake pipe clamps? im guessing so cause of all the pressure from boost. um.. my biggest question is where does the fmic mount to on the 2nd gen? im preety sure i gotta fabricate my own brackets, but i would like to follow the design layout of the companies i mentioned above. also, if you made your own kit, please post pics and explain whatcha did! thats guys

2.5" piping. Just a warning.. you will find out that this is more expensive than you originally thought. Also be careful w/ what you purchase off ebay.. alot of the cores that are advertised as spearcos... are not spearcos. Also truck cores are made for trucks... where flow & pressure drop don't really mean much.
I applaud you making your own FMIC kit.. that's how I got started. Just be careful & do things right the 1st time. I would prolly recomend starting off w/ a spearco core... they have proven to be very efficient, have worked very well in the past, & have published flow #s. Let me know if you have any questions.

I'm goin to change my front mount too. The one I have on the car is a lil too small for what I Have been doing with my car. I have to buy my friend a new core for his car and then I'm taking his core, his endtanks are setup like my old intercooler err the one on my car right now.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
I just hope I can get it to fit. Should It looks like my talon has more room than the Sentra.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back