The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Building engine and need torque values....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blewbyu

20+ Year Contributor
May 14, 2002
Homosassa_Florida
Does anyone know where I can find the torque values for 4g63's? I also need to know where to line the timing marks at. Any links would be appreciated.

Thanks anyway Kevin. Can Anyone else help? I found specs for 92 But I'm not sure if if anything changed. I would think everything would be pretty much the same.

I can't imagine anyone thinking their going to rebuild an engine without service manuals but it you tell me exactly what you want the numbers for I'll look them up in my Backup Manual on CD

Steve

I need the torque value for crank mains, rods, head and cams if you have them. Thanks

Originally posted by steve
I can't imagine anyone thinking their going to rebuild an engine without service manuals but it you tell me exactly what you want the numbers for I'll look them up in my Backup Manual on CD

Steve

-I agree totally, the manual have many useful info beside the #, ie: the different length of bolts for the front case.

I hope you dont need a manual to tell you what bolts go back in the front case. I'm not trying to build an engine with no information. I have online access to almost everything I need to know. i know what clearances, tollerances etc that I have to have. I have built plenty of engines over the last 15 years and its not rocket science. All I wanted was to make sure that the torque on the 4 items I mentioned was the same on a 97 as they are on a 92. By the way, I did look for a manual in the local part stores and they only had them for 1g's.

Originally posted by blewbyu
I need the torque value for crank mains, rods, head and cams if you have them. Thanks
Cam Bearing Cap 20Nm (14 ft lbs) The order and procedure is special.
Cam Gears 88Nm (65 ft lbs)
Head Bolts length limit 99.4 mm
Head Bolts cold 78Nm - 0Nm -20Nm -+90 degrees - +90 degrees (58ft lbs - 0 ft lbs - 15 ft lbs - +90 degrees - +90 degrees)
The order and procedure are special. 2G's are torque to yeild bolts.
Rods Cold 20Nm - +90 to 100 degrees (14.5 ft lbs - +90 to 100 degrees) Order and procedure are special.
Main Bearing Caps Lenght limit 71.1mm
Main Bearing Cap 25Nm - +90 to 100 degrees (16 ft lbs - +90 to 100 degrees) Order and procedure are special.
All these bolts are torqued with fresh engine oil lubing the threads.

You should really get one or more of the service manuals, starting with the factory ones. 2G's are a lot less forgiving when it comes to assembly and thrust bearing failure is common even on factory built blocks.

Steve

Originally posted by blewbyu
[BI have online access to almost everything I need to know. i know what clearances, tollerances etc that I have to have. I have built plenty of engines over the last 15 years and its not rocket science. All I wanted was to make sure that the torque on the 4 items I mentioned was the same on a 97 as they are on a 92.[/B]
The specs are totally different between the two generations. The procedures are different. I haven't compared the tolerances but they too may be different. Save yourself some expensive grief and go to the link I provide and order the CD.

Steve

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back