The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Building a head

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxcody

10+ Year Contributor
May 16, 2010
Snohomish, Washington
Hey im about to have my 6 bolt head built. I have kelford 272s, and for the build I want to do valves, springs, retainers, and lifters. Its going to be done by english motorsports in southern WA. Im going to have them do their street port/polish too. Im trying to figure out what springs and valves to use. I think I need beehives for the kelfords but im not sure which ones I should buy. I think english uses a lot of gsc head componets, but ive heard from people I know that ferrea is the way to go. What do you guys recomend? Also will dual springs work? Or just beehives? Any suggestions will be helpful. Its not a budget build so im trying to do everything worth doing to it.

Usually when people need heavier duty beehive springs they go with Kiggly springs. They're the bees knees :p

If you search around here at some of the bigger, high horsepower builds, a lot of them will be running these springs. If they're good enough for Kiggly's 8-second drag car, they're good enough for most other people.

Bud.. Thanks.

But He is in good hands, with who he has building his head.

He is best to discuss this with the machine shop, machinist that is doing the build.

But Yes some dual springs will work, but beehives are the hot springs on the market.

There are several diffrent brands on the market that will work just fine.

Just out of curiosity, have you checked with English Racing yet? They have built some great setups, so I figure they should at least be able to give you a recommendation. I can understand wanting to do your own research and/or double check what they recommend you to use, but don't want you to look them over as at least a single resource to get helpful info.

Yeah I talked to them today, and they were sayin they like gsc valves, and they use gsc or kiggly behives. So thats what im going to go with. Now im just trying to figure out what to do with my bottom end. Its all stock, and Im thinking about just getting everything done at once. I kinda wanna go 2.2 but they rep 2.0 haha

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back