The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Building a 420a

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tvan1138

Probationary Member
May 14, 2012
Cortland, New_York
Hey guys complete newb to the site. Just joined today to see if i could get some help with my goals. I have a 99 gs with the 420a motor. (I know its a chrysler motor and not a true dsm) And i've researched enough to know that ###### the first response ill get is to sell it and buy a 4g63 LOL. But after searching around there quite hard to come by in my area. And let me explain my goals to get a better idea. I just want a turbo everyday driver all street that i can build up to 300-350hp. And again I know that I can't just expect to touch those numbers with a turbo, or stock internals. So what i was looking to do was purchase the stage 2 crate 420a engine off thedsmgraveyard.com and ###### a hahn turbo kit. Anyone know what kind of numbers that could produce? or anyone thats has the combo? And wondering if there is a better way to go...im not set on building my 420a but just wondering if its capable of getting me my goals. Ive researched plenty of forums and alot of them say if the 420a build is done correct they can put up repectable numbers...just wondering what those numbers could be...thanks guys!

That should be plenty enough to get to the 300 mark. Of course that all depends on how you are going to control everything. Megasquirt is the best option as it can be a fully programmable, standalone unit if you want it to be.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back