The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Build your own tubular O2 housing jig

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i wanted an external dump tubular o2 housing so i built a jig so i could fabricate my own o2 housing @ a fraction of the cost of buying one from a vendor.

TOOLS NEEDED

- drill
- misc. drill bits/1/2" drill bit/phillips driver bit
- circular saw/table saw
- jigsaw

MATERIALS NEEDED

- scrap lumber (3/4" - 1" thick)
- wood screws/nails
- thin sheet metal/flashing

Use the stock O2 housing to fabricate a jig. The jig will consist of 3 parts - the base, the vertical piece, and the brackets.

Start by drilling two holes in the base for the stock exhaust studs. Put a nut on one or both of the studs to secure the O2 housing to the base.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Next use a piece of wood ~5 1/4" wide. Cut one end at a 20 degree angle. Then cut a notch in the bottom of this piece to go around the bottom of the stock O2 housing.

Hold this piece of wood flush with the face of the stock O2 housing and mark around the flange.

Use the stock o2 housing or the turbo side O2 flange (which can be purchased from RRE) to mark and drill at least 2 holes for the flange in the vertical piece.

Instead of permanently attaching the two pieces together, I used some flashing (found at any home improvement store) and made a bracket for both sides of the vertical piece (this will allow the vertical piece to be removed after the materials for the o2 housing have been tacked together). With the stock o2 housing still attached to the base, mark where the vertical piece will contact the base. Start with a 1 1/2" - 2" wide piece of flashing and fold it at 90 degrees. Drill 2-3 holes in one side for a few screws and attach it to the base. Bend the edges of the bracket around the wood to make a track for the vertical piece to slide in and out. Drive a finishing nail half way into the base at the bottom edge of the vertical board to keep it from sliding forward.

Almost finished - cut a notch in the right side of the base about 3" wide, close to the bottom of the vertical board. This will allow you to mark bent tubing to the length needed.

The original writeup can be found here on my site.

--Fabrication of the housing itself will be entirely up to you due to various size and design options. The procedure will require 2 flanges, a tight radiused mandrel bend, a welder, and other materials depending on the setup you are going for.--

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back