The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Build List...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n00btalon

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 13, 2005
lebanon, Pennsylvania
This is pretty much what I've decided I think I'll go with, I'd appreciate some of your opinions and what you think this could possibly make... Nothing is obviously set in stone... keep in mind this is a daily driver, and I need reliability! LOL I just wanna grip and rip when I feel like it :)

SAFC 2

190 Wally

DataLogger

550cc Injectors

Evo3 16g

FMIC (VRSPEED OR ETS)

Meth Injection

2G MAF

O2 Housing (port or other suggestions?)

Wideband

Yes i know dsmlink and stuff but I dont think I'll be going much more than 550's so is it really needed? The SAFC from what I see should suffice! Thanks let me guys know what you think. :tease:

What's up man, I live about 20 minutes from you (Manheim), if you wanna meet up sometime we can discuss mods in person. On another note, my advise would be to use EVO VIII 560cc injectors in stead of the 550's, also get an EPROM ecu and a chip and use the SAFC to fine tune. As for the logger, I've never used that, so I can't tell you yes or no, looks like a decent setup though for that price.

What's up man, I live about 20 minutes from you (Manheim), if you wanna meet up sometime we can discuss mods in person. On another note, my advise would be to use EVO VIII 560cc injectors in stead of the 550's, also get an EPROM ecu and a chip and use the SAFC to fine tune. As for the logger, I've never used that, so I can't tell you yes or no, looks like a decent setup though for that price.

Yeah manheim? sweet im familar with that area, I used to work down that way in east pete :D are you the guy with the white 1g talon or used to have it? haha jk (or am i) Yeah I read about the 560cc's wasnt sure I doubt thats not too much a money difference anyway 560's it is :D Yea dude we'll have to get together

when i did my first car i did exactly what you are doing i thought i would be happy with 20lbs boost a month later i had max my afc and injectors do yourself a favor go ahead with dsm link you can do what ever you want with it but if you decide to go that route anyway ive got an afc2 and 650 injectors i was able to pull 26lbs on a 20g with this combo 12.56 @109 but this was not enough for me goodluck

when i did my first car i did exactly what you are doing i thought i would be happy with 20lbs boost a month later i had max my afc and injectors do yourself a favor go ahead with dsm link you can do what ever you want with it but if you decide to go that route anyway ive got an afc2 and 650 injectors i was able to pull 26lbs on a 20g with this combo 12.56 @109 but this was not enough for me goodluck

your right when i start I'll probably want more! but at this point thats pretty much all the money i'll be able to throw into it! atleast until i get a daily driver or another dsm. You are right tho, as soon as I get done with this I'll want more... but isnt that how it is even if your shep running 7's? ROFL :hellyeah:

Anyone know about that Logger setup, I'm looking at picking that up, wondering if the programs it comes with will help me out! thanks

yeah buy that the cable itself is over 100 dollars just be sure they know it works i had one off ebay that powered up but was not usable because it would not go past the start up screen

Seems good. I'd check to see how good the battery is with the Palm. MMCD is a good logging program. I've never used Palm - N - Stein though. If the battery is good and the Palm screen isn't bad, I'd say it's a good deal for $75. I don't have a white Talon, I think the guy your talking about sold that thing a long time ago. PM me and we'll setup a time to meet up.

Seems good. I'd check to see how good the battery is with the Palm. MMCD is a good logging program. I've never used Palm - N - Stein though. If the battery is good and the Palm screen isn't bad, I'd say it's a good deal for $75. I don't have a white Talon, I think the guy your talking about sold that thing a long time ago. PM me and we'll setup a time to meet up.

it comes with a charging dock that i could spice into power :) it says it comes with some instructions to mounting the dock in the coin slot of a 1g... :D

ill definitely hit you with a pm man!

alright so i ended up getting that Palm, i talked to the guy and he actually gave me a better deal. 60 shipped with a palm good battery loaded with pal n stein and MMCD, with logger cable, logger cable for power and hook up (so its constantly full charge in the car.

now my question is how accurate is MMCD as far as wideband o2 readings, and all the other info they have??

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back