The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Bugatti Veyron runs out of gas

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

They say the tank will run empty before the tires melt on one of those at top speeds of a little over 300 mph. Maybe he didn't want to get out.....too afraid to get beat off the line by another talon :)

Yes it does put down 1000 horsepower but thats if they decide to give you the second key, unlocking the other 500hp or it only has 500hp

Veyron's top speed is 253mph, not 300mph.

Good vid. Incredible car. Down here in South FL, music producer Scott Storch has one of these apparently...One of my homeboys said he saw it on I-95 before, I hope he was going the speed limit.:p

Yes it does put down 1000 horsepower but thats if they decide to give you the second key, unlocking the other 500hp or it only has 500hp

You mean the second key unlocks 501 horsepower, since it has 1001 BHP LOL

-"Hey son, let me tell you a story."
-"Sure, dad."
-"Once I actually touched a Bugatti Veyron. It was awesome."
-"Great story, dad. Tell me again how you pushed it to the nearest gas station."
-"Sure, son. It all started when...."

there are some ####ing idiots here, wow

the key simply adjusts the aerodynamics of the car so it is capable of going 253 mph (not 300 dumb ass), otherwise the car rides a touch higher and the rear spoiler is extended out so the car has better traction and is safer. Obviously going 253mph is not safe in the first place, but doing it at all with that car with the spoiler up isn't possible because of how it effects the cd.

if you don't know what the #### your talking about, shut the hell up

Dude, this is the lounge, not the tech forum. I don't think anybody's life is going to end because they don't know which key unlocks which feature on a car they don't (and never will) own. How about you go change your tampon and get back to us.

the key simply adjusts the aerodynamics of the car so it is capable of going 253 mph (not 300 dumb ass), otherwise the car rides a touch higher and the rear spoiler is extended out so the car has better traction and is safer. Obviously going 253mph is not safe in the first place, but doing it at all with that car with the spoiler up isn't possible because of how it effects the cd.

I completely agree with you. Even though this is the lounge, it kills me to read how some people act like they know what the hell they are talking about... when really they have no idea what the are talking about.

My god that car is unbelievable and an engineering marvel! I am just in awe. One of my goals before I die is to break 200mph I could imagine the rush of 253! I wonder what the rating of the tire is to be able to hold up at that speed for only 15min!ROFL

My friend is obsessed with the car your and your right it's 253 mph sorry its the dodge tomahawk that is capable of 300 somewhat mph. I do remember watching a video and they said that each key unlocks 500 hp on the Veyron, so I'm going to stick with what they said, call me stubborn, being my own person or what you will. When they interviewed the guy who drove it he told them he felt that he could get out and walk doing 60mph, after he had done 253mph.

im pretty sure the Top Gear Veyron episode had Jeremy telling everyone the key unlocks the additional 500hp needed to reach 233 or whatever.

the sucker sucks fuel. i know a 3-4th gear pull in my cobra usually sucks down almost a 16th of a tank, most assuradely the fuel requirements of the Veyron are twice as much, if not more.

all in all the car is just an awesome feat of engineering.

Yea, you both need to stop whining at each other. There IS NO second key, its simply the ignition key. And no, it doesnt unlock a secret closet that hides more horses, that whole unlockable horsepower thing is just a stupid concept, who would want to have to "unlock" the horsies? And yes, it causes the wing NOT to come up at speed, lowers the car at speed, and also closes the front air diffuser.

Top Gear race Plane Vs Bugatti Veyron part 4

Go to about 4 minute mark and watch.

"the tires will only last for about fifteen minutes, but it's OK because the fuel runs out in twelve minutes." -James May, TopGear

The car also get about ALMOST 6mpg city, so it's really not a huge surprise someone ran out of gas.

Yea, you both need to stop whining at each other. There IS NO second key, its simply the ignition key. And no, it doesnt unlock a secret closet that hides more horses, that whole unlockable horsepower thing is just a stupid concept, who would want to have to "unlock" the horsies? And yes, it causes the wing NOT to come up at speed, lowers the car at speed, and also closes the front air diffuser.

Top Gear race Plane Vs Bugatti Veyron part 4

Go to about 4 minute mark and watch.

"the tires will only last for about fifteen minutes, but it's OK because the fuel runs out in twelve minutes." -James May, TopGear

The car also get about ALMOST 6mpg city, so it's really not a huge surprise someone ran out of gas.

the best part is the tire kick :thumb:

Imagine owning one thats 15 years old. Doesnt it have 10 radiators. That would be alot to keep from leaking.

Imagine owning one thats 15 years old. Doesnt it have 10 radiators. That would be alot to keep from leaking.

I doubt it will drop in price as much as dsms have (percentage wise that is), so its not like any of us will be able to afford them.

More on the Bugatti Veyron: Unlocking Its Top Speed with the "Second Key"

no mention of unlocking hp, as thats just ###. I would not be surprised if some DUMB ass was like, hmmmm this HP meter (because vw WAS retarded enough to put a hp meter in their car, scaled from 0-1001, what ####ing tools) doesn't go above 500 hp unless i put the second key in (due to the fact that the veyrons governer of 155mph is acting, although Im not 100% sure on the speed its limited to, so Im putting this disclaimer here,... I disclaim!!!) and assumed it unlocks the next 500 hp. Either way its retarded and theres no such thing. You were probably watching fifth gear, and those guys are idiots...

the best part is the tire kick :thumb:

Very true, I laughed. I'm still waiting for Bugatti to finally decide to let them course test it. They've let them drive it cross country, go full bore around a circuit, and race a Eurofighter with it, but still not test, and still no stig... which is the most depressing part. I want it to beat the Koenigsegg around the track, though I don't forsee it happening. Its REALLY fast, and I know it handles pretty damn good for its wieght, but I dont think it will out-handle the Koenigsegg, and the Koenigsegg is very nearly as fast as it, top speed of 250mph I believe, but I doubt it's nearly as quick. 0-60 in ~2 seconds is pretty freaking fast.

"It is so fast, that you could let a McLaren F1 (the predecessor of fastest road car) accelerate to 120 mph (193 km/h), and then start the Bugatti, and the Veyron would beat the McLaren to 200 mph (322 km/h)."

"It is so fast, that you could let a McLaren F1 (the predecessor of fastest road car) accelerate to 120 mph (193 km/h), and then start the Bugatti, and the Veyron would beat the McLaren to 200 mph (322 km/h)."

Damn, if thats true, I'm changing my dream car to the Veyron(after my dream of a 9 sec dsm, still a long ways off it because wont start :p)people will have never heard of it(everyone has heard of McLaren because of Paris Hilton:mad:) which will go to show I'm the best.ROFL Too bad I'll never get one coming in at $1,585,869.0619 before taxes!

Testicle... when you get blue balls, please, do not post in thread angry.

Love,
Bart.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back