The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

BRRRR....... If only I could get on the dyno like this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzeclips

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 5, 2004
Bear, Delaware
Hey everyone. We recently had an ice storm that froze over everything, so I took some pics. Kind of cool looking with the ice. If only I strapped her down to a dyno like that... all that cold air would give me like 1,000 ponies eh?? :sneaky:figured someone would enjoy.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I love the snow. Driving with AWD just means All Wheel Drifting. I just got an alignment and feel like it's easier to break my car loose and slide it through a bend than to try to keep grip then react after it breaks free.

The deep ice and snow is taking it's toll on my front bumper (junk anyways) and FMIC.

Parking in my apartment complex means dragging my bumper either pulling in or pulling out. We have 2-3 feet of snow depending on where you measure (it's drifted so much no one knows). We just got another 6" over night and today with 3" more expected tonight.

Oh, and they do plow the parking lots, they just aren't the fastest at getting around to doing it. The other set of scrapes (driver's side of my car) are from pulling out before. I pulled in crooked because I was just running inside for 5 min.

Attachments

• 0128092336a.jpg
    0128092336a.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 746
My car is taking a pounding. Destroyed inboard axle boot, front bumper split again, passenger foglight glass is broken, dying battery, inoperable sunroof, weak hatch struts, and everything that can rust is rusting including my turbo. Surprisingly my ebay exhaust is holding up well but the flanges are rusting.

long time no post, haven't seen you around in a while

This thread is the reason my 2g is stored every winter. Especially with what is happening to Grace above me. Keep her good, Tim.

mmm, I wish. I DD the evo and it just got it's first bath since oh IDK october? Its a black evo and it looked white from all the salt. Best $6 I've spent in a long time :D

Haha, nice to see I'm not the only north eastern guy thawing their car out every morning. Gnochgoon thats some seriously deep snow the drive around on! My front end would be plowing the snow for sure. haha..

Hey CS! Long time no talk. I've been swamped with work since August, but I have the next few months off so I'll be around! How the Evo treating you? Still have the 420a right?

Anyone else get a REALLY rough, doggish idle at first start up in all this cold weather? Like in the morning or after heavy snow/ice?

Anyone else get a REALLY rough, doggish idle at first start up in all this cold weather? Like in the morning or after heavy snow/ice?

I adjusted my idle to be slightly higher in the winter. It still won't warm up in 15min idling though. It even at 1200RMP it sounds like a boat for a min or two. My warm idle is about 800RPM.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back