The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Brian Crower Cams 276/276, Springs & Retainers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So a while back I took a chance and spoke to a good friend of mine from the DSM Forums named Kelvin which has a pretty stout 2g and he recommended to be some Brian Crower products. While hesitant at first from reading the mixed reviews I’ve seen posted on our forums I decided to take the plunge.
I spoke to Dustin at Brian Crower and decided that going with a new setup for the head was the best option until I need a forged bottom end. Since I was just aiming for roughly 400-450hp I didn’t need rods/pistons and all that jazz just yet.

I went with the following setup:
BC0104 CAMS which are 276/276 Duration “Stage 3” as they call
BC0120 Dual Springs, Titanium Retainers Spring Seats and Valve Seals

Since I already had a set of HKS adjustable cam gears I used those and this was all installed in a 1g head. The items showed up pretty fast after I ordered them and I will definitely say when looking them all over I was moderately impressed with the quality compared to what I had seen written about their products.

So after some time and other headaches standing in my way I finally got my car onto the dyno before installing the items in the head and after installing the items in the head. The car was running a 1g stock bottom end in both dyno graphs. I spoke to my tuner after most of this work was complete only to find out that the boost in 004 was the “after” and the “008” was the before with 4 more pounds of boost vs the after. Proof that these parts were definitely making a positive impact on my car!

The setup on this car was with "Break In" boost and nothing over the top just yet (Keep this in mind)
HX40 , VSRF Fmic, 1000cc injectors, afpr, walbro 255, Head Package, 3in DP/Exhaust, 93oct.

While this isn’t a perfect representation of how good their products are it will still represent somewhat the power that was gained using 4lbs less boost while still climbing, before tweaking the cams or adjusting the gears at all. Just straight bolt in and go.

Currently the car spun a bearing and I’m trying to catch up on some bills so it’s going to be a while before I can get any more formal information on the parts.

Cliff Notes:
4lbs less boost – Car lost some bottom end and gained a good deal up top.

Car drove pulled well through the power band and definitely could feel a difference between the head package before and after. I would strongly recommend anyone needing head components consider Brian Crower for their needs, it was a good cost effective solution and yielded great results.

Last edited:
Pictures now attached.

Attachments

• Dyno Image.jpg
    Dyno Image.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 365
  • Head Image.jpg
    Head Image.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 418
  • Cam Image.jpg
    Cam Image.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 452
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back