The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Brembo brakes, Tein suspension and AXIS wheels installed at once.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmxunderground

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 11, 2007
Bowling Green, Kentucky
I was pretty pumped to be able to have patience enough to wait until I bought all the parts at once before I installed anything. I don't have anyone to share the excitement with so hopefully this general section is ok for me to post this in. I'll have the full pictorial attached to my profile soon for anyone interested in the story. My one day swap from completely OEM and dirty to a complete aftermarket setup. Wheels, tires, brakes & lines & performance fluids, suspension, bushings, tie rods and camber adjustment kits.. :rocks::rocks::rocks:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

did u get the oem spindles from overseas, or did you use an adapter plate to space the calipers?

if you got the spindles...where from?

Thats a sweet setup man, congratulations!

More pictures of everything would be cool too.

I had powerstop front slotted rotors on before. I got a set of Brembo rotors this time with EBC Kevlar green brake pads. Not a big fan of the brake pads but I am a fan of the Brembo rotors. They seem to be of a better quality than the powerstop rotors and when bedded in look like the rotors off a BMW. I have powerstop Cadnium coated crossdrilled rotors in the rear with the EBCs. The cadnium coating is great as they don't rust, but the actual face looks nicer on the Brembos.

I had powerstop front slotted rotors on before. I got a set of Brembo rotors this time with EBC Kevlar green brake pads. Not a big fan of the brake pads but I am a fan of the Brembo rotors. They seem to be of a better quality than the powerstop rotors and when bedded in look like the rotors off a BMW. I have powerstop Cadnium coated crossdrilled rotors in the rear with the EBCs. The cadnium coating is great as they don't rust, but the actual face looks nicer on the Brembos.

Who cares what they look like, how do they perform?

OMGlooks great ! i would love to do the big brake kit but its alot of $$$$.
will thos fit behind any 17'' or bigger wheel ? im woried about depth not diamiter. i heard you needed spacers for the calipers. any truth to that?
and how hard was the install?
not to :beatentodeath: but MORE PIC'S PLEASE!

Wow that looks great! I am doing something similar to you. I already had the teins, but I just bought a set of 5zigens and I am rounding up the parts for the evo brembos. I need to get the rear camber in order first though. Where did you get those and how much did they cost?

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
:D (OOPs! I see I don't know how to post a smile!)
They work very nice! I took the car for a beat down run yesterday with my brother in law. He looked shocked when I hit the brakes a little bit harder! He was all smiles when I let him drive it! He kept saying, 'it shifts soo smoothly! it's so fast! the brakes are crazy!' He wanted to keep driving it. I had to tell him to pull over and let me drive again or he would have just kept drivin! He's only the second person that has ever driven my car other than me. It's a weird perspective in the passenger seat! I felt how hard the brakes hit as a passenger and I had to grab the oh shit handle! I loved hearing the sharp loud whoosh sound as the turbo spooled up listening out the passenger seat. Funny I had never really noticed how loud it was...Probably muted by the atmospheric dump O2 sensor housing! I told him to beware, boost is addictive!

I promise to put up more pics but I want to get the writing all done first. I forgot to mention in my first post that I used the JDM galant steering knuckles on the front for them to bolt on. I'll have pics of that. I also had new 95' non abs rear knuckles installed cause they were a few ounces lighter. I got the knuckles from a user on this site: mitsumissle he got them to me in like 3 days from overseas I was pretty impressed considering my Tein suspension took 20 days to get here from Jersey. I got lucky on almost everything I bought man and i'm sooo lucky I think heres the run down of my cost:

68.00 set of 4 18'' axis sevens (needed new coating on one)
260.00 over nighted a set of 18'' tires
30.00 earls stainless steel brake lines
413.00 galant knuckles
30.00 rear 95' non abs knuckles
280.00 drilled slotted evo rotors
80.00 brake pads
450.00 Tein basic coilovers
400.00 front and rear Evo calipers
25.00 front camber kit
5.00 rear camber kit
90.00 knuckle bushings + other misc
18.00 tie rod end
40.00 wheel spacers
free synthetic brake fluid w/other purchase
70.00 rear disc brake conversion (since I had drums)

TOTAL: $2,259.00

I think fair retail for all of these things would be just over $5,000.00 all I can say is that patience pays off. When I get this stuff posted i'll show you stage two, three and four which are exterior, interior and engine bay which i'll have spent the same or a little more. I'm pretty excited to have soon the most built eclipse in 100 mile radius i'd say.

Well if my plans go , well as planned, then i will be probably 120 miles i am guessing. I will be moving to Knoxville in about 4 months Maybe I can make a stop in and see fellow DSMers in KY while I am passing through. :cool: It sucks right now ### I am in MI and the potholes and just the weather all around totally sucks. Potholes are a foot deep and the weather is less than ideal for working on a car in winter. I was just finishing taking my tranny apart in my garage and its about 20ish. Not Cool! Hoping to find some real DSMers in the middle states :rocks:

So i don't know if i mentioned it or not, but I had other brake upgrades on the car before I got this one. The thing is, once i got them on, I didn't even drive the car an inch before I got online and found another upgrade I wanted. So one Monday I bought used AEM kit, installed it the next week. The night I installed it I found the Diamante (GSX) caliper mod, went to the junk yard, scored a pair for 30.00. I had enough credit on my Autozone rewards card to get the rotors for no additional cash. Not trying to plug autozone but with as much as my old crap kept breaking I needed some return! LOL. Before I could get the car back together I found the Brembos and decided, if i'm gonna break then by god i'm REALLY gonna brake, EVERYTHING! including my wallet! then voila, here we are.... I acutally sold the other stuff to a member of this site :thumb:

Yup looks nice man, just need to drop it down a little and fill the well up. Had a set of AEM big brakes on my previous car and they were awesome but GYUUUUU $$$$$$ they were already on it ;), Got Brembo rotors now and they are nice not a big kit but they stop fine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back