The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Breaking up above 4000rpm LOW BOOST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pointblank9957

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 12, 2012
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
okay i'm here on behalf of my friend, he is having an odd problem with his 2g.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

He'll floor it at 3000rpm, it won't build much boost and starts breaking up above 4000rpm on 6psi.
He's Done:
BLT- fixed SEVERAL leaks
Replaced Power Transistor
Replaced Plugs (NGK) and gapped to .028
Replaced Plasug wires
replaced coils
deleted all the vacuum lines that are not needed
tried a different ecu
replaced fpr
tried different stock injectors
replaced fuel filter

we're all at a loss of thought of what's wrong with it. NO CEL.

My guess would be he'll need to rebuild the turbo. I know that happened to my and thing was. Some thin metal was slowing my compressor.

Tried a different MAF? It sounds like a boost leak though. What kind of exhaust system does he have? Give a full mod list.
no boost leaks and tried different maf.

Vacuum delete, short route fmic, greddy type fv bov, apexi 3" turbo back exhaust system, td06 20g, Turbonetiks T3 cast iron manifold. Maybe a walbro 255 not sure. , stock injectors

Does he have an aftermarket adjustable regulator to go with that Walbro? Is that a true Apexi exhaust or knockoff?
no idea, he said it might be a 190, and i'm assuming real but it should make no difference

It does make a difference. Some cheap exhaust use a cheap flex Efron that can collapse and restrict exhaust flow. Just one of the things to check. Check and see if he's running an AFpR cause it's a 255, he'll overrun the stock regulator. Id start there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back