The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Breaking in new clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Talon 671

Probationary Member
Jun 27, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
so i just installed a new stage 2 southbend clutch and i have a all stock 2g eagle talon awd is there a way so that my car won't boost i am trying to break in my clutch or do i just have to drive slow until i break it in?

If you have an internal wastegate, you could disconnect the actuator arm from the flapper. For an external gate, remove the springs.

Youre overly cautious. Just drive regularly and dont beat on it or launch it until broken in. If you wish to proceed the above suggestions will work.

No boosting is way over kill. Normal DD driving for a while, shift a lot, downshift, dont launch the car.

Its not hard, just be conscious of it.

I myself have always taking it easy the first 500-600 miles. Not highway miles. 90% city and stop and go traffic. It sounds like you need to control your urges for boost :p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back