The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Brands/places to avoid when buying a CV axle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiki2777

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 9, 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
I figured out the cause behind my clicking/knocking noise is my driver's side CV axle, and I was wondering, what would be a good place/good brand to buy? I have an autozone, advanced auto, and Napa all close to me. Also, RockAuto seems to have them at a good price, but I just have no idea which ones I should avoid/what are the bad quality axels etc. Any help and feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

If I were in your shoes, I would send the OEM to get rebuild.

I bought both front axles from auroparts and didn't last very much, even with the good deal of life time warranty they offer, it get's kind of annoying to be replacing them so frequently.

Just send the OEM once to get rebuild.
I have heard good things about Raxles.

For reference,

They don't rebuild chinese parts, so Make sure you have a legit OEM Axles.

I would suggest GSP (also called ToughOne) from Advance. I'm using GSP for both my front axles and they've held up to dozens of hard launches and the constant abuse caused by my welded center differential.

The only axles I would avoid are Master Pro from Oreilly. I had one that was so poorly machined it seized halfway into the front differential. Long story short, I ended up pulling the trans and removing the axle in pieces.

I would suggest GSP (also called ToughOne) from Advance. I'm using GSP for both my front axles and they've held up to dozens of hard launches and the constant abuse caused by my welded center differential.

The only axles I would avoid are Master Pro from Oreilly. I had one that was so poorly machined it seized halfway into the front differential. Long story short, I ended up pulling the trans and removing the axle in pieces.

Awesome this helps alot since I have plenty of advances near me!:hellyeah:

Try searching Ebay for " 66-3092" (cardone remanufactured axle)... There are 42 listings ranging in price from:
$147.54 - ($60 of which is a refundable core charge with one month warranty)
down to:
$53.34 - no mention of core charge, and one year warranty?

both say "free shipping".

For future reference, I talked to Marty at Raxles a few weeks ago and he said that they no longer produce DSM axles due to a lack of demand causing it to be impractical to import the parts he uses in bulk from Europe. This made me very sad, I trusted him to give me a product with quality surpassing that of OEM, and now I have to court these odd brands for something as essential as an axle. Wound up getting a GSP, haven't installed it yet. Fingers crossed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back