The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Brand new intercooler, then BAM.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paintballaa5

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 23, 2012
Houston, Texas
I FINALLY got my VR speed intercooler and Forge bov mounted and everything put back on. I rolled down the street for a little test run and as soon as i boost, I could hear it spool up super loud, but nothing happened. It sounds like a huge boost leak somewhere on the passenger side, but I checked all the hoses/piping and nothing seems out of the ordinary.. :confused: I don't know what could possibly be wrong.

Oh, and now my speedo lights dont work aswell now.WTF

If anyone had any ideas as to why this is happening, help is appreciated..

Boost leak check is in order as perviously stated. Soapy water sprayed on intercooler to check for whole if it does have a boost leak and all piping is sound. My intercooler had a small leak due to a stone or some some debris hitting it. Doughnuts are fun but can be rough LOL

Do a boost leak as all have said. Is there any other noise beside coming from the passenger side? Re - check your pipe; check the coupler sometime the pipe may pop out of the coupler a little or on one side and not show you.

It sure feels like a blown pipe or something, but I checked them, and everything seems fine. Maybe with a little bit of sleep I can find something tomorrow. Then Ill get out and buy a boost leak tester and go from there.
Now that I think about it, I heard a popping noise as soon as i gassed it. Maybe that was the coupler off the cooler.. Ill check in the morning and let ya'll know.
Thanks!

Wow, turns out im just stupid and didnt get the bov flange on tight enough.. :ohdamn::banghead:

But I still have my electrical problem. My taillight fuse keeps blowing causing my taillights, dash and HVAC lights not to work. Not 100% on this but It seems to blow when i step on the gas pretty hard. Any ideas on where to start looking?

knochgoon24 said:
Check your grounds. It may also be a wire that has rubbed through and now shorts when you stomp on it.

+1 on that. I would keep track of everything you do on paper. Tracking electrical problems is a PITA and cars have been scrapped over them. Use a multimeter and track what you find. I'll bet something is grounding out and overloading your other circuits. I had a aftermarket stereo do this to me on a different car.

Question. How many of you have air compressors handy to d boost leak tests whenever something like this happens? A boost leak test will tell you right away yes but, what about checking all your connections?

Leon
A boost leak test checks your connections. If they hold air They're good. If they don't then you need to investigate what is happening.

I got my hard Han racecraft IC pipes ceramic coated. Came out really nice looking with an almost chrome finish. Afterwards the car was running like crap. Turns out the ceramic coating had an almost krinkle coat finish to it and my silicon couplers even with T bolt clamps wouldn't seal up. I sanded down the pipes where the actual connection was and voila no more boost leak.

Do you have any electrical components installed (i.e. gauges, turbo timer, lights, car stereo, etc)? Check that all of those wires have been installed correctly and have not come loose.

Well i took a look around the engine, mainly where I did all the install and nothing looks any different. I have all day tomorrow to pull some stuff off and figure it out. Does anyone know what color wire this circuit is, and where it runs?

Just a little update: Ive been looking all day. I by-passed my dimmer switch, ruling that out. Checked all in my radio area, fixed a few wires that looked like they could contribute to a problem, unplugged all my taillight bulbs, and checked my relay.

Still nothing. I dont know what else to try. :confused:

Any more ideas?

Got it! It was faulty wiring on the halo's for the headlights..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back