The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Brake Shoes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PFC_CiarlilloM

10+ Year Contributor
May 22, 2011
Euclid, Ohio
Okay like an idiot I quickly took off my rotors and then the shoes without knowing exactly what I took off and where exactly everything went. Now Im trying to install the new shoes and I am having problems. Can anyone point me out it the right direction please?!

Thanks
Mike

Should help.

Rear drum brake.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 61
I haven't come across a n/t with rotors on the back, unless someone has done a conversion on it. So you need to be sure of what you have. Shoes and pads are different critters. Drums and rotors are also different.

The rear drums are regular bendix style brakes.

I haven't come across a n/t with rotors on the back, unless someone has done a conversion on it. So you need to be sure of what you have. Shoes and pads are different critters. Drums and rotors are also different.

My Mitsubishi ASA program shows me some did.

GS brakes (and suspension) are identical to GS-T's. All GS's came with discs in the rear.

i have 95 eagle talon esi. in the rear i have rotors and pads then when you pull the rotors off there are shoes. i am assuming this is for the e-brake because i have no idea why they would put pads and shoes on the back with rotors.

yeah i removed the caliper, the rotor, then took off the shoes and hardware since its atleast yodas age. Plus im pretty sure it was seizing on too. The rotors, calipers, and pads are the easy part but im having a damn hard time putting on the shoes. Maybe the guy at advanced gave me the wrong shoes. Im reusing the hardware because it was salvagable. I could take a pic if thats easier to show you guys.

okay so i returned the other shoes and cant find the right shoes. i guess one of the guys looked up e-brake shoes and they wanted 102 bucks at advance auto!! WTH?! Really? Does anyone know a cheaper fix. I dont understand how regular shoes are 18 bucks but ebrake shoes are 100... doesnt make sense.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back