The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Brake line issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilddog

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 20, 2006
Montana
I replaced all my pads and rotors this week, but also disconnected the calipers from the brake lines to buff all the rust off of them. I reconnected all the calipers to the lines today except for the rear left caliper. When I try and twist the brake line into the caliper, the line just spins around. Its as if the thread in the caliper and the thread in the line are not mating and locking together. Rather just spinning around and around. I tried cleaning the both threads but still the same problem. Any one run into this issue and solve it? What are my options? Cheers

tap it with a hammer lightly and try screwing it in. Taping it in should help it grab and allow you to screw it in. Tap and Screw. Tap and Screw. :wink:

Try pushing on the nut with an open end wrench (around the line) while screwing it in with another wrench. Push hard but make sure the nut goes in straight (which is why to use open end wrench for equal pressure on both sides of nut). With that fine thread it's easy to get it cross threaded.

So I took a closer look at the fitting on the brake line, and I dont know what to say. For some unexplainable reason, the fitting on the line is completely smooth and then suddenly has the last 3 threads on it. Its as if all the threads have been mashed and smoothed down. But you cant faintly see the threads. My woman took my digicamera on her trip so heres a ppor mspaint drawing. I have no idea whats going on. Can anyone give an explanation, or what my next step should be? Cheers

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back