The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Brake line amount

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKOOOOJE

Probationary Member
Nov 25, 2022
Charleston, West_Virginia
My brake lines blew in my 2g a couple days ago and I wanna go ahead and replace all the lines in the system. I can't seem to find a kit for the whole car or information on just how much 3/16 line I need to buy for it. Any insight would be much appreciated

In my experience 3/16 will come in 25' rolls. I'd get 2 rolls. You could go with 1 and then buy a section of 5, 8, or 10 feet when you get down to doing the last of the lines and its easier to measure which may save you a few $$$. If I had to guess you'll need about 30-35 feet total. But I've never measured before I just remove the old line and bend a new one when I have to do break lines.

The rolls of line are a lot easier to bend than the straight sections you can buy from the parts stores. Could probably do it by hand but I would really recomend a bender as it will fit better. You'll also need a flaring tool and tube cutter which you should be able to rent from your parts store if you dont have on

The rear lines take a complete roll to do both from the proportioning valve to the calipers. You might have 1-2' left if that when you are done (with the rear). The fronts won't take as much. I am going to suggest buying NiCop line. It is very easy to work with and it doesn't rust.
HERE is what I used on both of my 1g cars to completely replace all of the lines going to the rear on both cars. It took all 25' both times, just for the rears. The flaring tool needs to be a bubble flare tool for the ends and you can reuse your old nuts off the ends of your lines if you need to or buy new.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back