The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Brake lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mham2k

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 8, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Fixed a short in my harness to solve my brake and interior light issue. Now my brake lights only work when my headlights are turned off.

Any idea what could cause that?

So the brake lights work normally - nice and bright, including the 3rd brake light. But when you turn on the headlights at the combo switch suddenly none of your brake lights work...

Only thing I can think of is that you still have a power/ground issue. Is the brightness of the brake lights the same between brakes and combo switch? (Yes would indicate a single filament bulb like @Dericsh posed, or that you have a problem with the socket.)

Does the 3rd brake light come on when the headlights are on (with and without you stepping on the brake pedal)?

What did you do/where did you fix the wiring issue you mentioned? Where in the harness? Any corrosion in the sockets?

My marker lights have never works and over time the wire shielding came off and arced to cause the initial issue. I fixed that.

Yes they shine very bright. I will check the bulbs to ensure there the correct ones if they don't work i will have to work backwards in short town.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back