The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Brake fluid disposal / recycling in Bay Area

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warranty

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 4, 2006
Fremont, California
I figure the subject of proper brake fluid disposal comes up once in a while so I'll just post some info here to hopefully help out fellow DSMers and the environment. I did quite a few phone calls and finally found a proper (and free!) solution today.

For those of you who live in Alameda County, the Fremont Recycling and Transfer Station will recycle all your hazardous automotive fluids free of charge: that includes brake fluids, antifreeze, motor oil, transmission oil, etc. More info about the Fremont Recycling and Transfer Station can be found here:

Fremont Recycling & Transfer Station

They accept free drop-offs for residents from Wednesdays through Fridays 8:30am~2:30pm and Saturdays 8:00am~4:30pm. The place is near the 880 & Stevenson exit in Fremont.

As you know most auto parts stores take used motor oil, but they really don't like you mixing in the transmission fluids or brake fluids/antifreeze, etc. Since brake fluid is pretty nasty/poisonous stuff I feel much better having them properly recycled.

Hope this helps for the rest of you NorCal DSMers!

I just dump my coolant and brake fluid in my toilet. It gets filtered out at the water treatment facility anyway, that's what I learned when some dude from the water company visited my chemistry class in high school =P But thats good they take all that nasty stuff.

I don't see a problem mixing tranny fluid and oil I always do it. Unless your talking about auto tranny fluid and oil, its still oil though WTF'

Good job on that suggestion for fluid disposal. Then again, we re-pollute the air with our SMOG hating cars hehe. Naw really though, nice to know where I could dump my stuff properly, gettin sick of looking at all of it piled up in the yard.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back