The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Rear Brake Caliper Issue 92 AWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastcar01

Probationary Member
Sep 17, 2004
wyandotte, Michigan
I just changed the left rear caliper on the 92 AWD. Bought it from Autozone, gave them my old one as core. Seemed to go on fine, but the parking brake cable bracket was slightly different, still worked though. On the test drive the brakes failed. Turns out the hose comes out different on the new one, and rubbed on the wheel, till it broke. The casting#'s are different. I just discovered it tonight and my core is long gone. I talked to the import auto store. They offer three casting #'s. Autozone is offering money back, plus what they charged me for the core, but that doesn;t cover the new core. Is there a way around this problem? I have to wait till monday to see what Autozone will do for me, better.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back