The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Brake Booster explosion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melio

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 21, 2003
Charleston, South_Carolina
So I was driving today.. boosted a little. and the car depressurized or something and I lost all my brake power.

I could floor the pedal and get it to minimally squeeze the brakes for stopping power. .. it was like I drove thru a puddle of oil and lost all friction, too.

I'm guessing I lost the master cylinder .. there's a fluid running down the engine hitting the exhaust system too it was smoking.. I'm guessing that's brake fluid also .

what should I tear out of this.. . start with the master cylinder and rebuild it?

1992 eagle talon tsi, awd turbo.

1g.

Thanks for your help guys.
:talon:

Don't just rebuild the master. Also check the one-way valve in the hose between the intake and the booster housing.

- Jtoby

jtmcinder said:
Don't just rebuild the master. Also check the one-way valve in the hose between the intake and the booster housing.

- Jtoby

Sounds good, thanks.

I'm thinking about bending up stainless too and replacing all the lines.. I'll pull the whole system apart and clean and test it. . I'm so glad this isnt my daily driver anymore .. this kinda thing woulda irked me :p

LOL! :talon:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back