The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G BOV not fitting new pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xsvpaintball

Probationary Member
Apr 11, 2021
Richmond, Virginia
Hey guys and gals!

I ordered the CX piping kit and it’s almost done, but I noticed that my Evo IX recirculating valve doesn’t fit. I’m curious if:

1. I can bore out the piping to make it fit
2. And shave down the valve to make it fit
3. Buy a Forge or other valve that already fits.

Thanks!!

I used to have a CXRacing piping kit and had the same problem with using the Evo 9 BOV. I used an adapter flange (https://www.rtmracing.com/xcart/product.php?productid=17586&page=1) and a piece of silicone hose to connect the two tube ends together. If you use that flange, you'll need to find a way to clamp the flanges together. I used old manifold studs that threaded into the adapter and then tightened a nut on the other end to clamp the two flanges together. The picture I attached is not on a CXRacing flange, but the idea is exactly the same.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I used to have a CXRacing piping kit and had the same problem with using the Evo 9 BOV. I used an adapter flange (https://www.rtmracing.com/xcart/product.php?productid=17586&page=1) and a piece of silicone hose to connect the two tube ends together. If you use that flange, you'll need to find a way to clamp the flanges together. I used old manifold studs that threaded into the adapter and then tightened a nut on the other end to clamp the two flanges together. The picture I attached is not on a CXRacing flange, but the idea is exactly the same.

would this one work as well? https://stmtuned.com/collections/1g...valves/products/jmf-1g-bov-adapter-for-2g-evo

I would imagine so. That flange looks a little thick so I can't say for certain whether or not my method would work, but in principle I don't see an issue except needing long bolts/studs or maybe the BOV clearing the hood. It really depends on which piping kit you have. I originally had the piping kit for the SMIC and found that it didn't clear well. I used the factory recirculation hose to turn my BOV 90ish degrees and then used another 90 degree bend hose to connect it to the intake.

I would imagine so. That flange looks a little thick so I can't say for certain whether or not my method would work, but in principle I don't see an issue except needing long bolts/studs or maybe the BOV clearing the hood. It really depends on which piping kit you have. I originally had the piping kit for the SMIC and found that it didn't clear well. I used the factory recirculation hose to turn my BOV 90ish degrees and then used another 90 degree bend hose to connect it to the intake.
Oh that’s clutch! Looks great!! I’m sure I can make something like that happen. Just gotta make sure that adaptor works haha

A bov is a bov. You work with whatever piping/flanges etc you have. I run a 1g bov on my 2g
I guess I mean more like are the flanges universal in size?

I guess I mean more like are the flanges universal in size?
I believe the flange on the CXRacing kit is Greddy/1G BOV compatible, hence my suggestion to use that adapter for 2G style BOVs. You absolutely could use any BOV of your choosing, you just might need to get creative is all. The only reason I went with a Evo 9 BOV over a 1G BOV was because I already had the Evo 9 BOV, otherwise I would've gotten a 1G BOV, no need for the adapter with a 1G BOV so I'd go with whatever will cost the least at this point.

You could probably sell or trade your evo bov? An adapter also adds additional connection points.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back