The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

BOV location

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzeclips

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 5, 2004
Bear, Delaware
Hey guys before I get my BOV welded to my I/C piping I just wanted to make sure of where the ideal location would be for it.

I'm assuming it shouldn't realy matter, but I plan on mounting it about 1/2 way point of the cold piipes connecting to my TB. Almost right underneath where my battery sits. Does it mattter where the BOV goes as long as its on the cold pipes? I just wanted to be in the clear ffor everything...

You don't quite want it too close to the tb, but yeah around the battery area is good :thumb:

Holy hell Sui, when did you get the 450HP? I thought you were at 398 for a while there...

What feul setup? I tried your user page but its not working..

killed the website.

from what i hear the new owner of the car has pushed it to where it is now. i never got it tuned by hahn racecraft, so who knows how much power was hiding in there.

...well then why does your profile say 437whp/411ft-lbs

EDIT: :confused:

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if you mount your BOV upside down on the pipe will it make any difference? I want it to be less flashy.. for visual smog purposes here in CA.. :D

It doesn't matter, if you have the BOV recirculated then make sure you put the recirculating tube. That's all it matters if not then ups side down it is.

Should make no difference. The air is still going to vent reguardless of the placement of the BOV on the pipe.

I haven't seen a thread like this yet (maybe there is, never cared to look) but I'll contribute to this one

My BOV is on the outlet of intercooler, passenger side. I have it VTA so it's pretty awesome to see stuff scatter on the road when it goes off :cool: Pretty sleek too.

Attachments

• 2012-03-31_17-09-53_781.jpg
    2012-03-31_17-09-53_781.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 105
In Montana i imagine you could mount a machine gun to your hood and still pass inspection if there is one LOL.. Here in Cali its all about the "sleeper" with all the smog BS we got to deal with.. i hate it :banghead:

I LOLed

Pretty much it's true, we don't even HAVE inspection here. You should see some of the POS cars around here...

Typical Montana:
What, our tailpipe is rotted so bad it's nonexistant? Ah just sawzall that thing off! Windshield cracked to hell? We'll replace it when the next bird shatters it while doing 70 down the highway...etc

Don't worry, I take pride in my car. I mean...I even have a catalytic converter :)

Haha thats awesome.. taking pride in ## ride is what its all about... and nice! Stay green with that cat converter hahaha ROFL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back