The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Bov do i need to haave welded or drilled

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTF is that thing. Never heard of the brand nor have I seen one look like that. If you need a new BOV right now, I would suggest just getting a cheap 1g bov and the adapter plate. Also, I don't see a fitting for it to be recirculated back to the intake which you need (should) do on the stock MAS.

i just bought the injen intake so i can't recirculate it. but this thing is heavy as hell!

WTF is that thing. Never heard of the brand nor have I seen one look like that. If you need a new BOV right now, I would suggest just getting a cheap 1g bov and the adapter plate. Also, I don't see a fitting for it to be recirculated back to the intake which you need (should) do on the stock MAS.

Weird, and it says discharge funnel on the left side on the oval looking thing.

Trying to figure out where the 34mm adapter comes into play. Why do people buy garbage like this without researching? No wonder why someone made millions off that damn snuggie.

I have no idea if the 34mm adapter is for the base to attach to the intake or it's where that oval piece is as it looks like it can be unbolted?

It looks like has come with a 34mm adapter. Not sure the exact size of stock pipe but it looks like you would just put this directly in place of the stock bov. You might need a smaller adapter.

You should recirculate until you have a tuning system that includes a blow through maf placed in your charge piping. Or you are running speed density. The potential damage to your vehicle running rich during shifts far outways any potential gains you create running a smoother/larger intake.

I would suggest getting a 1g bov and an adapater. That will hold perfectly fine until you have your priorities straight.

heres th bottom and top

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 42
The 34mm adapter is what bolts to the bottom. It looks like there is a blue gasket in the bag for in between the BOV and the mounting adapter. That should be a direct bolt on for the 2g BOV flange.

Thanks gentlemen you've been most helpfull. i'm not asking for me though this was for a friend. i took you guys advice a week ago and bought me 1g bov with the adapter kit brand new but i payed 158.00

my car is in the shop and he had this shipped to my house

The 34mm adapter is what bolts to the bottom. It looks like there is a blue gasket in the bag for in between the BOV and the mounting adapter. That should be a direct bolt on for the 2g BOV flange.
Agreed. It looks like it will fit on a stock 2G UICP. It also looks like it could be modeled after the GReddy type-s flange, so it might fit any GReddy flanged IC pipe as well.

I also agree that I would have spent money on a 1G BOV over that thing...

Last edited:
should i make a video of it when my friend gets on for people who don't want to spend all that money

I never buy any DSM parts off eBay, and for two resaons. Either the part description is false and it's junk, or the part description is somewhat correct, but requires some work to make it fit. I bought a 2Ga bumper off eBay, and the dang thing doesn't even line up nor fits. I would suggest getting your parts from a performance website or even from this forum :p

i just bought the injen intake so i can't recirculate it. but this thing is heavy as hell!

Tell your friend not to use this stuff. I've never seen that blow off valve before. and there are so many out there that have proven themselves in the dsm community. and if he cant recirculate it, you'll probably have to re tune to open atmosphere.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back