The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Bought a GSX need help tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidJamesDSM

Proven Member
Apr 4, 2016
Kennewick, Washington
I just bought a 99 Eclipse GSX from a guy who took very good care of the car but he knows the car needs some help in the tuning department. He did the best he could to smooth out the tune the car came with but he and I both know there a lot left and could run more efficiently. Car has unknown bottom end (6 Bolt or 7) but when he replaced the head gasket he said he could see the machine cross hatches on the cylinders so probably pretty new. The head is the stock 99 head with BC 264/272 Cams on stock cam gears but all alignment marks match up. Compression test went amazing ~173 across all four cylinders. It has a rewired 255 Walboro pump with 1000cc precision injectors 8AN feed and stock return line. FP Red turbo running 20psi. A Yonaka aluminum radiator (no opinion on their products yet) has slim fans. One fan is a Mitsimoto other is a generic slim. The exhaust manifold has a blanket on it but it warped the composite material on the mitsimoto fan he had on the driver side so he replaced it with a metal generic one that does the trick. GM intake sensor above the NGR BOV near the intake. Emissions delete. Hard pipes with a way too big intercooler which I will size down in the future because it restricts too much air flow to the radiator. I will submit ECM Link numbers if someone can help me tune it a little better. I drove it over 400 miles home so it definitely drives fine but I've noticed abnormal AFRs with my foot off the gas coming down a hill on the highway and also at low throttle low speed. I have only done like 4 half ass pulls and it does great but its the nicest car I've ever owned so I'm babing it and just enjoying the car. I have read some tips but some of it feels like lawyer speak and wouldn't mind some help from you guys here. Please and thank you.

How do you make a dsm profile? I thought that's what this forum was?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back